“YUM!”

Cuisines: American
Indianapolis, Indiana
“YUM!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was told to try the pie and was not disappointed! Homemade and fresh! Best pie I've had in awhile. Wait staff was pleasant and we came during a lull so it was quiet and enjoyable. We all enjoyed our food...just sandwiches but a nice size for the price. Also, hummingbird feeders by most of the windows that were flooded with hummingbirds was a nice surprise.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kikikiwi123

Orlando, Florida
“Good lunch with great view”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for an early lunch before making the drive up to Mt Evans. Cool lodge feel with an amazing view of Echo Lake. Food was good. I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries. Wish I had room for a slice of pie because they looked amazing. Definitely worth a stop on the way up or back from the mountain. Good little gift shop too.

2 Thank FLCouple
Leadville, Colorado
“Cute Mountain Lodge”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place has a great mountain lodge feeling. The inside is outstanding and looks very well maintained. However, we didn't feel at home and when we first walked in the young lady said "I get off in a half an hour so I am great" and continued with how much she couldn't wait to get off work. Which was followed by her friends, with horrible looks at me, coming back and forth from the bar to socialize. We tried to keep in mind we worked many seasonal jobs at that age, but never once did we act like that. Disappointing because we would have stayed longer and actually ordered something from the large menu. The drink prices were out the window, which after not even taking a sip we were told the amount we owed. Echo Lake needs a new training on their customer service.

• Visited July 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
“Touristy, but great fun.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've been vacationing near Idaho Springs, Colorado since 1967. It's a great place for people who really enjoy the wilderness, but who like a close-by and fun spot to get back to civilization when necessary. One of my old favorite places in the area is Echo Lake Lodge. I never fail to pay a visit while I'm hiking in the area. There are some fantastic trails that have their heads close to the lodge. Captain Mountain, Chicago Lakes and Shelter House are the three closest and provide miles and miles of serious wilderness backpacking or just a short jaunt a quarter mile in to admire the wildflowers. There's also a nice family friendly trail that goes all around beautiful Echo Lake.. Echo Lake Lodge is also right on the road to Mount Evans and that's a drive no one should miss. Kind of a white knuckle ride for the acrophobics in the gang, but well worth the support of the road you're asked to give at the ranger post before you head up Highway 5. The lodge is pretty touristy when you go in, with a huge gift shop containing about every kind of Colorado souvenir you can imagine. You name it, they have it. But it's not gaudy or cheap looking as some souvenir shops can sometimes be. It retains the rusticity of the entire lodge and displays the merchandise tastefully. Lots of nice people to help with questions or requests, too. All that being said, my very favorite part of Echo Lake Lodge is the restaurant. The view of the lake, the humming birds right outside the big windows and the general ambiance are most pleasant, but the food is really outstanding. Especially in a place where most people stop once on their way to another attraction and may not come back. Not because they didn't enjoy the experience, but just because lots of people don't come back to the same vacation spots again and again. One might expect a restaurant in a tourist area like that to have just okay food, but not this good. Not gourmet fare mind you, but good old hamburgers & fries, soups, sandwiches and the trimmings prepared as the kind of perfect comfort food you'd want. I've come in from hiking in cold weather or rain and an Echo Lake Lodge hamburger or bowl of chili, and maybe a Coors, has restored my tissues many times. Whether your'e going over Squaw Pass on the way to Evergreen, up to Mount Evans, or hiking those incredible trails, do stop at Echo Lake and the lodge for a pleasant break.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Michael M
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Loved the pie, hated the attitudes.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After driving up to Mt. Evans we stopped off at the Echo Lake Lodge for souvenirs and the pies we had heard about. There were souvenirs of every type to be found and the pies were amazing, especially the Coconut Cream!
The attitudes, complaints and what came off as laziness of the two young ladies working in the dining area was something I could have done without.

Visited June 2014