Review Highlights
Great surf school for a new surfer

Dulip was the most helpful & chill teacher you could have. His way of giving you feedback and... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
wihl2019
Malmo, Sweden
via mobile
Super friendly surf teacher

We got to Arugam bay during low season and to be honest, didn't expect good surf from the look of... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
tobiass830
Malmo, Sweden
via mobile

All reviews his brother these guys catching waves surf school felt super safe his friends side note sri lanka super kind great person down to earth his team great teacher next morning learn how wild elephants tuk tuk
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I had quite a few lessons with Dulip - all of them were so much fun and I made a lot of progress with my surfing. Dulip really understands the waves and makes sure that all of his students get the best waves! He is also very good at watching your technique and giving feedback after each wave so that you always have something to work on! I always felt super safe around Dulip, both in and out of the water, and he is generally just a great person to speak to about sri lanka and more. I'll definitely be returning to surf with these guys.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband never surfed before, so when we came to Arugam Bay, we decided to give it a try. We took a lesson from Excellent surf school and it was perfect! With such the great teachers we felt safe, almost after every wave we had honest feedback, so we really improved. That guys know what they’re doing. We ended up going there every day, so we had 5 lessons. If you looking for a place to learn how to surf - thats a top choice!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We loved our two surf lessons we had here. The teachers were really helpful and encouraging. It was cheap at 2500 rupees for over an hour lesson and they didn’t include the teaching on the beach time for beginners in that time either! You rent a board and a long sleeved top in this price. I really recommend. Also the shop you book a place in is a lovely women’s clothes shop, with homemade dresses, tops and shorts made by the surfer teachers sister, who is also lovely! Lovely family!

1  Thank ELawson96
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We went to take one lesson with dulip and ended up staying our whole three days with him! Amazing guy who wants to show you the wonders of his country and is amazing surf teacher! He took us to all the best places to surf and really teaches you how to understand the waves ! Such an honest and authentically guy! Thanks so much for making our stay in Arugam bay the best!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Dulip was outstanding from start to finish!! He made surfing so easy and most importantly so enjoyable. Me & my wife arrived haven never surfed before, his quick & easy instructions before was so good we both stood and rode the first wave all the way to beach! Highly recommend these guys for your visit to Sri Lanka!

Also... he let me drive his tuk tuk which was a bucket list! Guy is a legend!!