Keystone Lodge & Spa
Alpine Slopes Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$66
US$207
US$171
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge(Dillon)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$108
Agoda.com
Comfort Suites Summit County(Dillon)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$93
ComfortSuites
The Dillon Inn(Dillon)(Great Value!)
US$105
Slopeside Lodge(Keystone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskeystone lodgevalet parkingloft roomvalet serviceconference centerfront desk staffspiral staircasesteam roomice skatingbig hornski checkrelaxation roomoutdoor hot tubski areafree shuttlepizza placethe river
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I really love this hotel. Just got back from my second trip there. My family skis and I do not yet at this place, you can hang out and have a good time while others ski. The spa is fantastic and the fitness center is great too. I really enjoy the Lodge and Spa every time I go!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I spent an afternoon in the spa while we were skiing at Keystone. Misty was incredible, and I highly recommend her. The spa is well appointed, there are a broad range of services offered. I was impressed to see what appeared to be about an equal number of men receiving spa services when I was there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was our first trip to Colorado for skiing over the spring break and we had a great time. We booked this hotel through the Vail Resort Management Group (1-800-328-1323) as all major ski areas are managed by the company. The guy we spoke to got us the shuttle from Denver to the resort through Colorado Mountain Express, the rentals, lift tickets, and lodging.

The room itself was nice and clean. We had a balcony and lots of room to move around. The hotel has a spa area with an outdoor heated pool, outdoor hot tub, indoor hot tub and steam room. The fitness center is also had new machines.

The hotel offers a direct shuttle in an SUV from the hotel directly to the River Run Gondola ski check(literally beside the Gondola). Guests from the hotel can leave skis and poles there overnight for free. There is also a free shuttle bus that goes almost all day but drops you off a lot farther from the mountain. Let the front desk know when you want the shuttle and they call it for you. Also, the ski check people can call it for you when you are ready to go back to the hotel.

Problems: the room was extremely dry, but they did have a humidifier that we kept going almost all the time. There was poor communication of the shuttle service upon arrival. We found out about it from another family we were talking to. The restaurants at the resort were decent, although somewhat pricey. We felt isolated from the world outside the resort area as everything was almost inaccessible unless you had a car. We would have travelled to Dillon more had we had an idea of how to get there as there is an outlet mall and plenty of restaurants. Instead, we ordered Domino's the one night and ate at the Kickapoo Tavern in River Run the others. The food was good, but there were limited options once you were back at the hotel.

FYI the cafeteria and slopeside food was INSANELY EXPENSIVE. We are used to paying a premium for not having to get off the hill but this was just robbery. A gatorade at the Rockin' Ranch in River Run Village cost $1.59... on the hill $5.50. Almost any entree such as burger, pizza, hot dog was $15 or more. If you travel with a family, pack a lunch and leave it in a locker or go into River Run Village for an affordable meal.

Major Problem: the rental shop. First off, we were told to go to River Run Rentals. That is no longer the name. It is now Keystone Sports and there are 3 or 4 Keystone Sport Shops. We had to ask a few people how to get there. It is the big tent/dome like building near the children's play area. We completed the online registration thinking we would show up and everything would be ready to go. Not the case at all. Their system erases almost all information so you are required to fill it out again. You then wait in line for boots... we waited almost 25 mins. Then wait in line to get skis... another 20 minutes. Then you wait in line again to cash out even though we had already paid... Luckily we got there early because when I went back to complain about my skis, as the edges were VERY dull, the line up was triple what it was when we were there. The guy at the desk was super helpful because in most cases they exchange them, but I would have had to wait in the ski line again, so instead he sent me over to the tuning shop and they fix them up in 10 minutes for me. Once tuned, the skis were great. This was not our first ski holiday and we were disappointed in the quality of the rental equipment even though we got the upgraded line. If we return to Keystone, we would try and rent from someone else such as Christy's or another store outside of the Keystone company. Or better yet, just bring our own.

Overall, we had a really nice trip and would consider going back as the skiing was fabulous and almost all of the staff that we dealt with were friendly and helpful. I've highlighted a lot of negatives, but had I known about them, I would have been able to plan in advance and avoid them altogether.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the fifth floor as that is the lobby floor. Also, if you have young children who go to bed before 10, avoid rooms overlooking the pool as it is heated and open until 10pm every night. We stayed on the third and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank saredubs
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This place is exactly what we were looking for in a CO ski vacation. The staff is inviting and helpful. Love the decor, modern and rustic. Great views from most of the common areas and the guest rooms. We ate at three of the restaurants, all have great food. You can go healthy or indulge, they have it all. The spa and fitness center are excellent.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is quiet and has easy access to other areas of the lodge.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was our third time over the last decade staying here. The front lobby area seems to have been modernized since our last stay.

First off, we waiting on I-70 for 5 hours due to weather and poor drivers. Once we arrived here we were greeted by very friendly staff. What a relief. A room was ready for us even though we got there around 2 pm. That was so nice after sitting so long in the car. We got our kids ski free tickets, some night skiing tickets and a few other perks that I wasn't expecting as well. We hadn't planned to night ski, but for free, heck yea!

The 2 Queen room is large. Plenty of room for all of the boots, gear etc. But they store your skis for you both at the lodge then at the gondola for you. That is a terrific perk. The room was quiet, comfortable. The only thing we thought was weird is that there is not a door between the toilet and the vanity area. That would be nice with a family with teens. A little privacy with a pocket door is really something they should add. The only other small thing was that the room was a bit warm for our taste. We had the door to the outside to open, but on the first floor we could only do it while we were sitting in there. We turned the thermostat down all the way but it was still very warm. We never mentioned it as we were barely in the room.

The pool/spa area is really nice.

The shuttle ride to the gondola with Amy is also a very nice perk. Amy is so friendly and hospitable. Getting to the gondola, picking up skis and then getting to the front of the Gondola line is fun too. My 13 year old though we felt like V.I.P.'s with all of the perks. Not having to walk through the village is a huge plus.

I would stay here again and again. The valet, bar staff, front desk, housekeeping and everyone is so friendly.

Room Tip: 107 was quiet, near the pool area.
1  Thank webtravelreview