other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
New upgrade:  hardwood floors!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

pjsssss
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Poor Owner Response tainted this trip”
Reviewed 16 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

We flew into Denver and then drove to Keystone and arrived around 4:00. When checking into the lodge we were informed that it was not ready but they would give us a call when it was. No problem as we went into town and did some shopping for supplies. We did receive a call about an hour later saying the unit was available.

We returned about 7:00, found our parking, grabbed a cart, loaded all of our gear and headed to the unit. We first stopped and dropped our ski equipment in the ski locker room which was very nice. So far so good.

This unit is on the top floor and quite a distance from the elevator. We carted all of our stuff to the door only to find that it had not been cleaned. Beds unmade, towels on the floors, cans laying around, dishes in the kitchen, leftovers in the fridge, etc. Not the relaxation we were hoping to find. Upset, I located the phone number for the lodge and called them. They were very apologetic but could not do anything since their cleaning staff had already left. They said the best they could do would be to have someone drop off clean linens for the beds, and clean it the next day.

We went to dinner and seriously considered going to a hotel for the night but decided against it as we would have to reload everything back into the car and then repeat everything the next day which would have caused us to lose half a day on the slopes. I put in a call to the owner Lyn and left a message. She did return the call and apologized and said the resort must have screwed up.

I tried to get cleaning supplies from the resort but could not, so we had to head back into town to buy some. We then put in about 2 hours of cleaning everything up and scrubbing and disinfecting out all of the tubs, bathroom, kitchen, made the beds, etc. I certainly have no desire to stay after someone without it being clean and disinfected.

We were visited by a representative of the resort the next morning again expressing their apology and he explained how their system worked. There was not much I could do since I had rented from the owner not the resort itself. He stated that the unit was set up on a clean only when notified by the owner. He also said that he had listened to the calls (he said all requests were recorded) and they had not had a call to clean. I said my only beef with the resort was the fact that they had called us and said the unit was ready, so obviously no one had checked. He explained that they could not cross the door threshold without being authorized to do so by the owner each time. Their OKing of the unit was simply to check on their list and make sure any cleaning was done if so requested.

What then ensued was several days worth of back and forth emails with the owner. I wanted to be be reimbursed for the cost of the first night and for the cost of the cleaning supplies (about $20). I told Lynn, the owner, that everyone could make a mistake but it was a chance for her to rectify it by doing the right thing. She offered $100 credit and that was it. I told her I thought that was an insult after the amount of work we put in, not to mention the time it took to get everything together. She did not even bother to answer my last 2 emails.

The unit itself was fine for up to 4 people. I would not want more than that as it would rapidly start to get crowded. There was a partial view of the slopes but mostly roof top and looked down on the hot tub area (which was great as it had 3 large outdoor hot tubs). The location was great.

I would have rated the unit 4 stars but the aggravation of this problem right from the start and the subsequent bungling of the opportunity of the owner to make things right and general attitude put a cloud over the entire trip. Obviously I will not be staying here again and could not recommend it to anyone else.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
17 Nov 2015
I am disappointed that this guest chose to write such a negative review when I felt I went over and above what would be acceptable to most as a remedy to the cleaning problem; but it seemed that nothing would make this guest happy outside of a very large monetary compensation that simply was not justifiable from a business standpoint. I returned his calls very promptly and left a business meeting to make this issue my priority. I sensed that this guest was exaggerating a bit since it was me who was the last one that had stayed there; and I left the place in very good order; not professionally cleaned since I had expected the cleaning crew to come; but it was far from the situation that he described as needing hours of cleaning. The second bedroom and bath were completely cleaned as I had not used them when I had been up there. Nonetheless, since Keystone's cleaning crew could not come until the next morning, they did drop off fresh linens; and I located a housekeeper that I use for my other property 40 miles away to drive to Keystone to clean. I called the guest repeatedly to ask if that would be acceptable but he didn't return my calls. The next morning, the Keystone crew had cleaned so I offered the guest $100.00 compensation which is more than what a full clean costs for his time. Unfortunately, he wasn't satisfied with that; and I could see that further conversation would likely not accomplish anything. Keystone was very apologetic. Quote honestly, I am not sure what went wrong with my housekeeping request; but Idid get clarification on how to order and confirm housekeeping and we have not had a single issue since. I will also add that I have rented this unit to vacationers for over 6 years and have never had a complaint; only very happy guests.

Travellers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing