“Dude Ranch Vacation”
Review of Latigo Dude Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kremmling
Latigo Dude Ranch
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We could have not picked a better place to enjoy riding horses. From the scenery, Wranglers, riding, horses, owners and most especially the food. This was one of the best vacations we have ever been on. We just so happened to go on Adult Week with only 2 other couples in attendance but that was fine. We went as strangers and finished as friends. We loved everything about it. The owners were great hostess's and wonderful people. Go, you will love it too. Even if you have never ridden before. What can you say about Colorado????

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I've done a great deal of traveling, but never have I felt that my experience was as perfect as my week spent at Latigo Dude Ranch & Nordic Center. The owners and their staff are the most accommodating folks I've ever met. Never been on a horse? No problem! Expert horse rider? No problem. From the first evening around the dinner table, co-owners Kathie and Jim Yost made us all feel like family. Lisa and Randy George are the other co-owners who are the chefs of the most delicious, amazing meals with choices to suit everyone. During the day, you can ride for an hour or ride for the day. There is also skeet-shooting, cowboy skills to learn, fly-fishing, and, weather permitting, an over-night campout. While we chose the week with "no kids," I know that your entire family will love this vacation. I can't say enough positive things about this ranch and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeachBum1014_11
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We were totally surprised at how much we enjoyed ourselves. We arrived full of trepidation but found the welcome of everyone on the ranch outstanding. The riding, camping, food, dancing,shooting, fishing ,lassoing etc.. were all great fun. Our 11 year old son thought he had died and gone to heaven and our 17 year old daughter found charming like minded companions as did we as adults. Highly recommended. A truly memorable family holiday.

2  Thank ChdeGaulle
Reviewed 5 September 2012

If you've never been to a dude ranch and don't feel like your much of a "horse person" but have always wanted, in the back of your mind, to give this type of vacation a chance you won't be disappointed at Latigo. It's a wonderful place where everyone from the beginner to the expert rider (and we had the full range the week I was there) can enjoy themselves and have a really fantastic vacation. You can ride every day or not at all..and everything's geared to the level at which you want to participate. By the end of the trip you'll have found yourself having ridden at a level you wouldn't have expected, shot skeet and rifles, fished, hiked, river rafted, done archery and thrown axes, cracked whips, used a lasso, danced, camped out on an overnight ride, rounded up cattle and created your own family brand....and the whole time you never feel rushed or pressured. The food is awesome and the ranch very well kept. The owners and entire staff were wonderful, very friendly and attentive to everyone's needs. One warning though...if you're looking for a spa with sage scented massages you won't get it here... well... unless you fall off your horse in the sage brush. But even if that does happen (no one fell our week though) the wranglers are so attentive I'm sure they'll try and catch you.

3  Thank Kent W
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I am always looking for an exciting and interesting way for my young daughter (now 12) to spend a week together in the out-of-doors. This year we decided that riding horses in the high country would be a good choice. We were so lucky to have selected Latigo Ranch. The staff and owners could not have been nicer and more attentive. To enjoy it to the fullest you need to be ready to get out and get involved in riding, hiking, dancing, and all the rest, and the Yost's and George's will ensure you have that opportunity. They fed us well with most excellent food, gave us comfortable beds in delightful rooms to sleep in, and led us out into the mountains in an inspiring setting that we will remember always. And my daughter fell in love with her horse.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We have the good fortune to travel almost anywhere and have gone many places. Our Latigo Ranch experience is one of our best experiences! When you combine intelligence and kindness, you get owners like the Yost's and the George's, who make your visit a memorable and wonderful experience. The staff is helpful and friendly from the moment you arrive to the minute you leave. The food and activities are excellent, well-planned, and offer something for everyone. It is clear that the owners of Latigo really care about their guests, the staff, and the horses. My husband was reluctant about going, but even he is ready to go back! We made friends as we spent time together in this beautiful and peaceful place. We will be returning to Latigo.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I never put much stock into to travel review sites before. I am usually skeptical and believe that the owners of the resorts do most of the writing. But after spending a week at Latigo Ranch I became a believer! If you are a skeptic like me, feel free to contact me and I would be happy to share pictures and stories from what turned out to be one of the best vacations I have ever been on.
I don’t want to give too much away, but from the way we were greeted to the lumps in our throats as we said goodbye, our Latigo vacation was one we will never forget.
My wife chose this Ranch after doing a lot of online research. I questioned her choice, but this was her 40th birthday present so I went along with it. We convinced my brother and his family to join us. From the moment we all arrived, we knew her decision was a good one!
The Yosts and Georges are among the most interesting and funny people you will ever meet. They somehow managed to turn 40 guests and their staff of about 20 into a family in just a few short days.
I was not a horse person before this trip, but their Wranglers and horses quickly turned me into one. Day 2 had me trotting and loping thru some of most amazing scenery I have ever seen. All of the kids (about 12 of them) ate meals together, rode together and played after rides in the social club or out by the lodge and pond. This made getting to know the other adults much easier and more enjoyable.
If you are looking for a ranch that has spa services, yoga or aromatherapy, this is not it. If you want to feel like a real cowboy, enjoy great food and stay in cabins that are clean, comfortable and set up perfectly for a family, Latigo is it!
Rounding up the cattle, team penning, skeet shooting and spending time with the Wranglers were my personal highlights. Our kids enjoyed; riding, the social club, swimming pool, climbing trees and seeing wild elk, deer, badgers and humming birds.
We will be back!