“Best little coffee shop in Lafayette!”

Proper Grounds Coffee Roasters
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Lafayette, CO
“Best little coffee shop in Lafayette!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's tucked behind Morrell Graphics off S Public Rd, so it's off the beaten path. But the coffee is worth the visit. Try a home-baked goody and buy some beans to take home too! You can absolutely taste the difference - the quality of Cody's roasted beans is second to none.

• Visited June 2014

Lafayette, Colorado
“Hard to find but worth the visit - the coffee is wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a mom & pop (Cody and Natalie) coffee shop with great atmosphere, friendly service and really good coffee. The roaster is just behind the counter and the bean varieties are great. The barefoot baker makes great scones and muffins too.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JillMax
Erie, Colorado
“Made me a coffee snob!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've been coming here since they opened. I actually live in Erie but drive here because it's worth it.
I don't drink a lot of coffee (a few cups a week), but the lattes I get here are seriously amazing. I'm a former devotee to Starbucks who swore I couldn't tell the difference between them and "good" coffee. Then I had a latte here and I saw the light. It's smooth, delicious, not overly sweet and just plain tasty. They also offer really tasty baked goods from Barefoot Baker. Even though I'm not gluten free, I still enjoy their treats. Service is always great too.
Just go!

• Visited March 2014
Ohio
“Best coffee in Lafayette!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This place has the best coffee in Lafayette. And with the memorable cup of coffee comes some down to earth service. Try it! You will find yourself returning...

Curtis, NE
“Excellent service and quality product.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I attempt to find "out of the way" places whenever traveling and this coffee shop was a great find. I usually drink brewed, dark roast or an Americano, but, when I try a place for the first time, I order a latte. I do this because a brewed coffee or an Americano can be made by nearly anyone with some quality beans. A latte, however, requires more attention. Many times I have had a latte that you taste the coffee (warm) and the milk (also warm) separately. Here, the beverage was prepared to perfection, the milk was steamed and aerated and blended throughout the coffee so that every sip was equally delicious! To make the experience even more satisfying, the barista finished the "stay cup" with a nicely crafted art design on top.
The beans are small batch roasted right there and are available for purchase as well. It is not in a high visibility location, but, it is worth your effort to search them out.

• Visited January 2014