“Nice place to rest on any trip”
Review of Texan Resort

Texan Resort
Boston
“Nice place to rest on any trip”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I took a trip to Colorado for a concert and had a few days before my return flight. I figured I would travel around to see the area and was very impressed with the Texan Resort. The whole area was so peaceful and the people staying there were so nice. It was like stepping into a whole new world.

Being from the city, we didn't know much about the outdoors. The people in the office were kind and helped us plan out our day. We only stayed for a night but if I had time, I would have liked to stay much longer. Our cabin was clean, warm and fun. I never thought I would end up staying in a themed cabin.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trailmaker61

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 May 2010

The Texan Resort was recommended to me by a friend of my father. I planned a trip to get away and enjoy nature with a few close friends. I didn't want to travel too far so the Texan Resort was a perfect match. While viewing the location online, I was eager to arrive and start my vocation.

The cabin we stayed in was very cosy and suited us well. We woke early every morning to go fishing at the lake, which we all enjoy. We met a lot of interesting individuals while fishing and hiking that raised the amount of fun in a single day. There were plenty of activities to do, but we got to do very few of them.

The staff we interacted with were hospitable and professional. The rates were a little high, but it was worth the memories that were made. I would definitely recommend this to friends or anyone looking for a real, relaxing scenery.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I had always wanted a “destination” wedding: to get married in a mountain side chapel with stained glass windows casting a warm glow. My fiancé and I wanted an elegant, yet rustic event in the early fall, our favorite time of the year. After researching areas that would not put a burden on the guests with children, as well as aging favorite relatives, we chose Lake City, an area convenient to Denver, Salt Lake, and Grand Junction. Those coming from California and Texas were delighted at the opportunity to visit a new autumn climate at such a festive event!

We chose the Texan Resort for their professional staff as well as the vast array of resort cabin configurations to easily meet my budget. Much like a place setting plan, which I had to do anyway, I could arrange overnight accommodations with the same matrix! Each family could have privacy and full kitchens, along with other amenities.

In visiting the Texan Resort website and being directed to the Chamber website, we were able to determine what venues were open and available in the picturesque town of Lake City. We choose Bruno’s Restaurant for dinner, then drinks and dancing at the vintage downtown theatre. The little Baptist wedding chapel was the perfect size for our 75 guests. A great time was had by all- one cabin was large enough host a post-rehearsal dinner! I would recommend this experience to anyone who wants to wear a gown and veil in a rustic mountain retreat; one that just happens to have a touch of elegance.

• Stayed October 2007
Encinitas
Reviewed 17 May 2010

It was a perfect get away for my girlfriend,son, and I. The cabin we stayed in was perfect for the 3 of us. Everything worked properly and it was nice to have a heater for the brisk nights. It was clean, roomy, and very easy to get to.
We relaxed by the river and fished all morning. I was able to catch a few brownies over 2 pounds which was very fun and exciting. In the afternoon we took an amazing hike and while on the hike saw many deer and other wildlife, breathtaking views, and beautiful plants and flowers. In the evening we went out to a wonderful dinner. It was an amazing trip. I highly recommend this place to anyone. 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
bigdreamer37
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Thank you! Such beautiful surroundings, and the tremendous service help you provided to us during our stay was...AMAZING....we were transported to another world leaving a wonderful and lasting memory we will keep forever. I was like one big happy community. One afternoon I went and rented some ATV’s with my friends, we went up a few mountain trails and almost became lost, but the people on the road were kind enough to point us back in the right direction. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I have to say, we were completely blown away by the natural scenery and look forward to returning to The Texan Resort. Everything exceeded all of our expectations and was simply the most special place we have ever visited. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank bigdreamer37
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I had a great experience visiting for a wedding. I am an avid hiker and love the outdoors. It was a perfect opportunity to travel to CO for the wedding and then take time later to enjoy what I was really looking forward to, the open trails. It was a breathtaking experience, I have never seen so many areas filled with such beauty.

The room I stayed in had a very cozy bed, I fell asleep almost instantly after the day of hiking. The services was difficult because of the large number of people there for the wedding but i would assume it is different if there isn't a wedding.

I wish there was internet access in all ares of the resort, I had to walk to a nearby cabin to get into range of the wireless to check my email.

Although I do like hiking, I wanted to give an ATV a shot but was told that there were none currently available, what terrible luck I had on timing. Maybe check ahead on availability.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank SCHikerTyler
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We have been vacationing in Lake City during the Fall since 2000. We use to recommend & stay at the Texan...but no more! The new owner has taken a great little budget friendly cabin community and turned it into a high priced, over crammed with 20 new cabins dump. The new cabins look great on the website but once you arrive you'll notice that you can see through the timber walls making heating almost impossible. The location by the river is great but it's a good walk to the main shopping area in town. The cabin grounds have gone neglected and I truly believe it's due to the new owner not living on the property like the previous owner. Although we love Lake City we will not return to the Texan unless they get an owner who cares and shows respect for his guests and values the land these cabins sits on.

• Stayed April 2010
Timber Ridge Lodge
Timber Ridge Lodge
#12 of 15 in Ouray
Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Cannibal Cabins (formerly Westwood resort)

Been to Texan Resort? Share your experiences!