“Not Handicap Accessible”
Review of Silver Spur Motel

Silver Spur Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake City
Silver Spur Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lake City
Colorado
“Not Handicap Accessible”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Lake City website lists all the motels, cabins, etc. The listing for the Silver Spur Motel says "handicap accessible". I'm in a wheelchair so I need somewhere accessible. I called the motel, and they were very helpful. They measured the doorways to make sure I would fit, told me there was a ramp in front of the room, and offered to help anyway they could. We get there and the wooden ramp has a big bump to get on, and the boards are uneven. The room is easy to enter and there's enough room to get around. The bathroom on the other hand, is too small to get a wheelchair in and the sink, toilet and bathtub are crammed next to each other. The bed was the squeekiest, most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. Otherwise it was acceptable. Price was very reasonable. Location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Renton, WA
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We'd been camping and hiking for about a week and wanted a place to take a shower and enjoy some pub grub. The location was great - a short walk to several bar/restaurants where friendly locals were hanging out. The motel is connected to a gift shop and bar and they gave us a two for one drink coupon.

The room was nothing special, but we did get our shower and had a comfortable night sleep. It was a bit run down, but it was clean enough. TV channel selection was limited. There was no fridge or microwave so we had to eat at local restaurants. The motel didn't have an ice machine, but were willing to sell us a bag of ice.

Since it was more affordable than other motels advertised, we would probably stay there again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We recently we traveled to the Lake City area to go on a backpacking trip. Because we got a late start, we were not able to get to a camping spot, so we decided to stay in Lake City and get a fresh start in the morning. I called the motel from the road and inquired about availability. The girl told me that they had a room with two beds and the rate was fine. I gave her my credit card and she let me know that the office would be closed by the time we got into town. She let me know that they would put a note on the office door with my room number and would leave a key in the room. We arrived after 11pm and found the note right where she said. We were in room #2, it was clean and comfortable. The second bed sqeaked morte than you would like, but that was really my only complaint. We got up the next morning and walkewd around the corner to get a great cup of coffee at the Mocha Moose. I would have no problem staying here again or recommending to a friend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank keithhampton
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 June 2010

my husband,grandaugther and myself went to lake city to mainly for the drive up there from new mexico,it is a beautiful drive.we didnt make resavations we just decided to take a chance and find a room.well we chose the wrong one for sure.the bathroom was crawling with bugs they got worse as time went by,also i pulled back sheets on beds and one of the matresses was soiled bad.i tried to talk to the manger and he didnt answer the door,because i want a refund.also i have tried to call him from the no listed on web site and still no answer.im not giving up i want my money back,if i wanted to sleep with bugs i would have stayed in a tent.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank dugginsphyllis
Denver, CO
Reviewed 13 May 2005

We had planned to camp one night along the Alpine Loop, but it was pouring rain, so we drove back to town. Our usual place was booked, so we got a room here for the night.

The major problem with this place is that it desperately needs some updating. I'd give a Motel 6 three stars, because such a place is clean, minimally furnished, and generally well maintained--my definition of "average". This place was a little below the level of a Motel 6 in terms of atmosphere, decor, quality of furnishings, and general level of maintenance.

I personally wouldn't want to stay there again, but my husband and I have also recently decided we won't stay at Motel 6 anymore either.

If you don't want to camp, are looking for a cheap motel room, and don't mind a place that is a little run down, this place might work for you. On a positive note, it IS in beautiful Lake City, within walking distance to everything in town. And it may be one of the most affordable non-camping lodging choices in town too.

16 Thank beeArm1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake City
Arrowhead Mountain Lodge
Arrowhead Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Cimarron
Texan Resort
Texan Resort
#14 of 21 in Lake City
Cannibal Cabins (formerly Westwood resort)

Been to Silver Spur Motel? Share your experiences!