“Best Campground We Have Found In Colorado” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Lakes Campground & Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake City
Castle Lakes Campground & Cabins
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Best Campground We Have Found In Colorado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have been coming to Castle Lakes since 2005. This is the nicest campground we have found in Colorado; complete with beautiful scenery, impeccably maintained grounds, two lakes for trout fishing, and located where one can ride an ATV right onto the Alpine Loop; no trailer required! Our hosts Steve & Monica have always been very accommodating, and have gone out of their way to make sure our experience is first rate every time we stay there. If you love the outdoors and beautiful surroundings, Castle Lakes Campground is a destination not to be missed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Rangernut

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I and three friends stayed in a trailer, old but clean and well furnished, overlooking a lake. Entire area was clean and well maintained, the owners friendly and helpful. Well priced. There are rules, but reasonable, based on consideration, safety, and thoughtfulness of others.

Room Tip: Mostly there are sites for RVs and campers. But a few cabins and a couple of trailers. We rented on...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MaryRP
Camp Verde, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Perfect stay! Monica and Steve are fabulous hosts! We appreciated their efficiency in responding to our questions and concerns. We rented a jeep on two different days and really enjoyed our explorations.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sharon M
Clifton, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We have been going to Castle Lakes Campgrounds for 6 years, and still enjoy every minute of our time there. The setting is beautiful. The owners Steve and Monica are always friendly and more than accommodating during our stays. They are the only privately owned campground in Lake City that you can ride your ATVs out of for endless riding. The rules in place help to ensure a great camping experience for all ages. It is always enjoyable to walk around the campgrounds and lakes and visit with other campers, and observe the wildlife. We're already reserved for next year!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cara E
Brandon, south Dakota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We go with our family to Castle Lakes every year & will continue to visit this paradise vacation spot long into the future! The owners...Steve, Monica & Ben have a wonderful place & they have helped us make family memories that will last a lifetime. I feel our world is blessed to have a place like Castle Lakes in it. The beauty of the land, the charm of this campground & the hospitality of the owners is top of the line. Updates continue to be made in the campground each year & still, the owners manage to keep the charm & beauty of the campground & the land that it rests on. Castle Lakes is by owners design still a bit rustic in areas. This helps to maintain that campground experience that many of us look for. The cleanliness here far exceeds our expectations. The lodge has a store with a great amount of basics & also new fun clothing, jewelry & souveniers are added each year. We enjoy renting a jeep right on site & going off to explore more of Colorado's beauty. Castle Lakes is certainly not for everyone....There are many choices out there...this is our choice & we feel blessed to have it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank lovinliven
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Just made the reservation for September and am looking forward to seeing Steve and Monica again. Their property is beautiful and the area is great. Have been going for several years and always have a wonderful time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank laurel h
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We just called Castle Lkes to reserve a tent site for the next 3 days. The lady who answered the phone to take the reservation was so rude that I just sat with my phone in my hand, mouth open after she'd hung up on me. After rushing me through making the reservation (she took my credit card info quite fast) and then rushed me off the line; I'd realized that I forgot to ask her if the site had tent pads (so I could pack accordingly) and where my site was located (I wanted a quiet area if available). She, with a great deal of attitude, told me when I asked about the pad "I've only had this site for 13 years, I don't know what a tent pad is" Really?!? When I asked about the tent site location I guess that sent her over the edge, she said "that's the only site I have available so I'll just cancel your reservation"- and then she hung up on me. Uhhh, wtf kind of businees etiquette is that? Mind you I was neither rude nor annoying, I was asking basic questions, and at $26 per night for a tent site, those questions were warranted. Needless to say I will be telling eveyone I know about this rude experience and further discouraging all of my fellow campers from going to Castle Lakes. I feel like a dodged a bullet on this one, better to be a [--] to me on the phone than have me drive 5.5 hours and be rude to me in person.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Texan Resort
Texan Resort
#13 of 21 in Lake City
Ouray RV Park and Cabins

Been to Castle Lakes Campground & Cabins? Share your experiences!