“Beautiful, tucked away spot not overrun with tourists”

Eleven Mile State Park
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Staying with friends that live in Manitou Springs, they brought us here stating it was one of their favorite spots. We enjoyed our day out here immensely. We spent our time in Eleven Mile Canyon where we cooked outdoors, hiked the terrain with our buddy's dog, and just explored the area. It is an absolutely gorgeous area surrounded by dramatic terrain, beautiful trees, and a gorgeous river that was still patchy with ice. We were the only people around which just added to the serene beauty of the area. If you are in Manitou Springs or any other nearby town, definitely come through here. This would be a fantastic place to camp as well. Natural beauty abounds!

1  Thank xAngelaMarie

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Friends reserved a camp site in Eleven Mile State Park and we had the best weekend. We were within walking distance of great climbing and fishing. The staff were pleasant and professional and the campground was clean and well-maintained
The whole weekend was a great getaway for a climber who wants to have access to a range of difficulty - including some really classic routes.

2  Thank Evelyn K
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I visited this campgound on the advise of a friend. I was looking for a place where I could fish, hike, take the dogs and hang out. This fit the bill. Couldn't have been happier. We had wonderful weather (I think that is the norm for Colorado) and great success on the Platt River trout fishing. We will be back! There is a fee for the campsites, but they are worth it. The campsite that I stayed at had restrooms (which were clean and well stocked), but no showers. The campsite had water, and the camp host sold firewood for $5 a bundle. Dogs must be on a leash at all times, so bring a long tie-out or rope. The site where I camped allowed 8 people per campsite. Good to know when camping with a group of friends.

2  Thank kkovac