“Amazing Scenery!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Eleven Mile State Park Campground
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The scenery at the Witcher's campground was amazing. With anything there are pros and cons. In other reviews talks about ants and the area is literally covered in ants, if you stop at any spot for more than 10 seconds you will have ants on you. The camping spots are spacious and beautiful whether looking at the rolling green hills or looking at the lake. Be advised no matter where you camp there are roads that go right by your campsite with traffic day and night.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Deniece P
There are newer reviews for Eleven Mile State Park Campground

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Spent $10 extra to reserve camping spot online as we were going to have a later arrival. Arrive go into the office to pay for the day pass. The front desk people have no idea who may or may not have a reservation or where it may be. We go to locate our reserved campsite to find that someone else had set up camp.This would not have been frustrating had we not paid $10 extra to get the camp site. When we went back to the front office to make sure we were good just taking a vacant camp site luckily there were vacant spots or else we would of had to turn back home. Yes I do agree with previous posts that there are a lot of ants. I agree to an extent that this is just part of the great outdoors but the site we ended up with they were AWFUL. If I stood still for more than 30 seconds I would get a bite on my foot or leg. My dog wouldn't even lay on the ground and ended up spending most of the evening on the picnic table to get away from the biting. However, the scenery is beautiful, weather was perfect, and facilities were clean.

3  Thank kristinew587
Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you like beautiful sunsets, lake access, good fishing, and quiet camping then this is the place. As Eric C said bugs, ants etc are part of the outdoors so be forewarned. If you cant handle that then get a hotel, this is not the place for you. The campgrounds are mostly all open with no shade but I believe with some hiking you can get into the more remote camp sites if available.

4  Thank Duane_the_Pain
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We dry camped with our travel trailer at a site right on the lake. The campground is pretty standard for a state park. The fishing is great. We stayed in the Witcher's Cove area which is a long drive from the main camping area. That had it's plusses and minusses. Relatively few other campers close by but it was 20-30 minutes to get to the nearest store. We might return for the fishing but that we be the only reason to go back.

1  Thank Stybes
Reviewed 22 January 2013

To all of you who complained about bugs and wind, please keep this in mind: YOU ARE CAMPING! You shouldn't expect perfect weather. You shouldn't expect the bugs to leave you alone. I have never seen a mosquito at the mile in the 10 years I have been camping there. If you are looking for perfect weather, go to California. If you are looking for good fishing and a fun outdoors experience, head to the mile. Now for my review. I have camped the most at the North Shore sites. There is no electricity, but they offer a marvelous view of the lake and access to the lake from your campsite. The North Shore offers excellent pike fishing at some of the beaches. There are certain sites that have rocks that provide shelter from the wind. If you bring a trap, you can catch crawdads here as well, to use as bait or to eat. To all of the haters, a camping experience is what you make of it. I would recommend the Mile to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Sites at North Shore are the best
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Eric C
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We spent almost a week in Loop E at Rocky Ridge. We had a walk-in site. With the bear warnings, hauling food and gear was a pain. Facilities were very clean. Hot water in the shower at the Park Office seemed random. For tents, there were a variety of non-walk-in sites on Loop E. I'd recommend calling the office for advice on specific sites before doing an on-line reservation. Another review mentioned wind. We cooked on a Coleman and it was reliably windy from about 4-7 p.m., direction and strength were variable. It died down before sunset

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IndySwimRun
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Not only did we have to pay the site fee, but also a $10 reservation fee to ensure we had a spot when we arrived, which consitituted another $7 for access to the park. So we reserved a spot, and the next day got some information on the site locations at the park and decided to switch sites (less than 24 hrs later), and the wonderful colorado parks department proceeded to hit us with an additional $6 change fee. This change took them all of 30 seconds to accomplish. Special call out to the rude employee named Jeanie who acted like I was breaching national security or something when I asked if they had to charge the fee, we were new to Colorado and were still figuring things out.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank emily3989

Been to Eleven Mile State Park Campground? Share your experiences!