“Great location, easy access to city and mountain activities.”

Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Lake, Colorado
“Great location, easy access to city and mountain activities.”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Have stayed here a few times and the service, rooms and atmosphere is consistent . Close to the Mile High City's attractions. Within hours of Rocky Mountain destinations as well. Plenty of restaurants to match your dining tastes within minutes.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Brian R
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you! We're glad that you enjoyed our location and easy access to all of the area's attractions. We'll look forward to serving you again soon.

Best wishes for great travel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

No pizazz. Just a clean, well priced Hotel with a nice restaurant and bar. Pool was closed but they offered us an alternate pool. Rooms are ample and the beds and bedding were very nice. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay on the Mountain View side
Green Features: Making an effort with signage in the rooms about linens and be Eco friendly.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patty C
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you! We're glad that you enjoyed our clean, well priced hotel, La Cave restaurant and bar, our friendly service and brand new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds.

For a little more pizzaz on your next trip you might visit nearby Red Rocks park. This one of a kind attraction is sure to provide memories that will last a long time.

Best wishes for great travel,
Iowa
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here October 19th for a wedding with 5 teenagers. Every single staff member was very helpful & polite. While the hotel is not brand new, we have not a sinlge complaint. Our adjoining rooms were spacious and very clean and the price made this an exceptional value.

There is no doubt that the next time we are in Denver, I will gladly drive across the city to stay at the Denver Sheraton West for a clean, well ran hotel with a beautiful view of the moutains.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travlinmanIowa
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Denver West and for taking the time to tell us you enjoyed your experience here. We are always delighted to read that we have achieved our common goal of providing excellent customer service and comfort.

Best wishes for great travel,
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013

After reading some rather negative reviews of this location, I had rather low expectations when visiting for a family wedding. While this is not a "new" Sheraton, I found it more than sufficient. It is certainly time for a "face lift" here, but my room was clean and well-maintained. There was no problem with the bathroom shower drain, and we were even allowed to check-in early. (Like at 11:00 a.m. with no problem!) We had a city, rather than mountain view which was not the best, until sunrise. Wow! We watched a beautiful pink sunrise reflected on Downtown Denver. Smashing. The wi-fi was not super fast, but it did work. I am not certain about the regular rates, but the group rate for the wedding was very reasonable. We were in a room directly behind and secondary elevator, and we never once had a problem with noise. (older constriction,thicker walls?) Our biggest complaint was the old-school taupe toilet. It took forever to flush, was loud, and ran for a LONG time. Ugh! The Sheraton logo wall paper must go as well as the brand-themed duvet covers, but the bed was newer and very comfortable. The quality of the sheets was nice. Would this be my first choice in Denver? Probably not. However, we had a nice stay at the group price point.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy61356
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you? It sounds like you had a nice stay in our hotel and we'll hope to serve you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

After reading TripAdvisor I thought this would be a good stay in Denver with a good location. It was not, the general condition of the hotel is poor and needs to be updated. The bathrooms are disgusting with water backing up in the showers.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
The Sheraton Denver West is immaculately clean and has earned some of the highest scores of any Sheraton in North America for cleanliness. All showers have a push down drain plug that if stepped on; will plug the drain. A simple, second push with one's toe or heal will pop the drain plug right back to the open position.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Me and my husband stayed in one of the suites on the club floor for our wedding night. When we arrived at the hotel, our room was not ready despite asking for early check-in in advance. The front desk person simply told me to come back later and when I asked for a password to use a computer in the lobby while I was waiting, I was told I could only get a password once I check-in, which makes little sense. I did not want to simply sit in the lobby considering hotel was undergoing some renovations around the check-in area and was dusty and went to get lunch outside. I came back again close to check-in time and the room was still not ready, only then another front desk employee (or manager?) offered to put me in a regular room until the suite is cleaned. I had the wedding party and vendors coming up to help me prepare for the wedding and not having a room ready almost caused me to be late to my own wedding.

When I finally was able to check in to the suite, I was not able to open the blinds in the bedroom because they were stuck and had to call the maintenance. Maintenance promptly fixed the issue by opening the blinds but not fixing the railing, so after they left I was unable to close the blinds.

The suite itself consists of two rooms - a living room and a bedroom with a jacuzzi in the bedroom and a separate bathroom and shower. The room is very nicely designed though certainly shows signs of wear and tear, for instance, there were multiple stains on the carpet and cracks on the walls. All the suits are on the club floor that includes a club lounge with complimentary breakfast and wine reception in the evening.

The hotel also features a very well-equipped gym, indoor pool, and a hot tub, probably the highlights of our stay there. It is conveniently located close to several stores and restaurants and Lakewood and has a nice view of the mountains.

This was my second stay and the property and putting aside the need for renovations, I am not sure I would stay there again considering how unhelpful and unfriendly the front desk person was.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank merryl8
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Congratulations on your recent marriage. We wish you many years of happiness together.

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee an early check in and are sure you were told that when you made the request. Some people, especially when they are staying in suites, like to stay longer so that they can enjoy their hotel experience to the fullest; so we cannot possibly guarantee an early check in. Our check out time is 1pm so we weren't able to accommodate your 11am check in request. There is no reason for us to keep you waiting maliciously and we would have given you the suite if it was ready. We're sorry that you took this personally.

The Sheraton Denver West experienced major flooding damage on July 13th during one of the many of the state's unusual, torrential rain storms we had this summer. Repairs were necessary and we are sorry that you were one of the few people affected by the activity in the lobby. We are happy to say that ALL of the repairs were completed in early September and our hotel is more beautiful than ever.

We are delighted to announce the renovation plans for all 4 of our suites. The owner of our hotel was in earlier this week and unveiled "story boards" showing some of the most upscale suites in Denver.

Best wishes for happy journeys together,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Whoever is lucky enough to stay at this facility will be very glad. The front desk team were ALL great. ! They went above the ordinary needs even during a large convention!! Josh and Jamie were extra delightful . I was here for many days and I MUST applaud the whole team of employees for their caring attitude with all of our group. Thank you everyone of you. !!! Ava.

Room Tip: I asked for a mountain view and loved it.
Green Features: Its great to have a choice of mindfulness of saving water
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ava z
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you very much Ava. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and we appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your great experience. We will be sure to recognize Josh and Jamie for their displays of hospitality.

We'll hope to serve you again soon and wish you great travel experiences in the mean time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!