“Lovely Hotel”

Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 22 December 2012

First I must say the front desk staff is amazing! They greet you with such a great smile that it just makes your day. As a traveler for both work and pleasure this is one of my pet peeves and that is how I am greeted when I enter a hotel. So with that in mind, this one passed my expectations and it was a nice kick-start to my Thanksgiving holiday. I also appreciated the feather pillows and extra towels. Coffee was always fresh which is another important part of my travels. A new bistro was being build while I was there and I look forward to checking it out in the future when I visit my family again because I will be a repeat customer. On that note, I can sincerely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I like a high room with a balcony because you can open the sliding glass doors and enjoy the view an...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DannaCrawford
DENLKGM, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! Our goal is to provide the best service possible by making our guests feel comfortable and at home. I am so happy we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return! Warm Regards, Jessica

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I'm usually not motivated to review Courtyards because they're all so similar. This one is an exception. Right now it is undergoing renovation, but I am not certain all this hotel's faults will be fixed.

To its credit, the staff was friendly and breakfast is free (not typical of Courtyards) while the renovations are going on. The selection is good, with plenty of hot offerings including eggs, sausage, potatoes and oatmeal. Also, the hotel seems to limit construction hours to midday and was not renting out the first floor. The pool area was open.

From what I saw of the property, the renovations are... let's say timely. The carpets and furnishings do seem to be nearing the end of their Courtyard lives, although I suspect they'll end up at a nearby Days Inn or Super 8. The landscaping around the property looked a bit neglected, and the hallways and stairs had some construction debris.

My room itself was OK with one big exception. The TV was an HDTV that received HD channels and the bed was comfortable. The vent in the bathroom made a strange, dissonant resonating noise, but I muffled it by placing a Kleenex on it. (It blew air constantly and couldn't be turned off. It was on the ceiling, but some sort of suction action made the Kleenex stay there.)

Biggest drawback was road noise. The property is located right along the US 285 freeway and the traffic noise was constant all night. I slept all right but it was still a dustraction. Considering the design of the hotel, this is likely a problem no matter what room you're in, although it may help to ask for a room as far away from the road (on the south side) as possible. A couple days earlier, I stayed at another Courtyard off I-25 and didn't have a problem with noise, so suspect something is up with the design of this property.

I'll credit the staff for making up for the inconveniences during the renovations, but note for now this is not the complete "Courtyard experience", and won't be unless something is done about the road noise. There are lots of other hotels of similar branding and price in metro Denver. This includes other Courtyards which don't have the drawbacks this property has.

Room Tip: Rooms at southern end of property may have less noise from freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. Our renovation is complete and the hotel looks beautiful. The hotel is situated near a busy road; however, most rooms do not get highway noise. Please come see us again to experience the new look and a quiet room. We look forward to seeing you. Warm Regards, Jessica

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. From the moment I stepped through the door, I was treated as a special guest. The staff was courteous, professional and very helpful with the many questions I had about the area. Becky was working the front desk and was especially welcoming. When the first person you see greets you in a manner such as this, your stay is especially enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. The moment someone steps into our hotel, it is our goal to ensure they are provided the best service possible. We want all of our guests to feel special and at home. I am thrilled we exceeded your expectations. Please come see us again in the future. Warm Regards, Jessica

Reviewed 5 November 2012

By the time I write this review most of it may be irrelevant, but here goes. Some reviewers stated the hotel was in need of renovations. One reviewer said the hotel was "delapidated". One called it "rundown". Let me say it is NOT rundown nor is delapidated. The decor is not the most modern, but as I am writing this, renovations have begun on the hotel. With that said, this hotel is very nice.It is clean, comfortable, and the staff is GREAT! I will stay here again. I'm anxious to see the remodel. The other point I would make, is this. We chose this hotel because they have hot tubs available in some rooms. I was disappointed that we had a problem with our hot tub. It was very noisy and we could not use it. The staff was apologetic and offered to compensate me for the trouble. This was not necessary, but I found out that the hot tubs will be removed during the renovations. I was unhappy to hear that, but this is still a great place to stay nonethelss. The location is great. There is a lot to do in the Denver Southwest area. Getting to downtown can be a bit tricky during morning rush hour if you don't know your way around Denver. Actually it is tricky even if you do. The hotel sits right off of highway 285 Hampden) and Wadsworth. If you are familiar with Denver you know that the major highways are not always the best way to get from point A to point B. Many people comment about the breakfast not being complimentary. I would like to offer a slightly different viewpoint. We have stayed at another brand hotel right around the corner from this hotel that offers "free breakfast". You can read my review on that. This hotel offers a good breakfast for a reasonable price IF YOU WANT IT. If you don't, you don't have to pay for it. Free breakfast is not free. You are paying for it in your room rate. This hotel does not charge you for breakfast if you don't want it. They offered me a special breakfast price if I purchased it at check in. For $5.00 per person, you can't beat it. The food is good, the service is good, and you don't have to get out if you don't want to. If you prefer to eat somewhere else, you can. I like it. Courtyards are geared more toward the business traveler but are comfortable for pleasure trips too. This hotel is a great choice for the Denver Southwest, Lakewood area.

Room Tip: Exit Wadsworth East on Jefferson (First light South of US 285 by the Denny's). Turn left on Van...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. Our renovation is complete, and the hotel looks beautiful. We look forward to your return visit. Warm Regards, Jessica

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed six nights at Courtyard by Marriott in Lakewood, Co while attending a class reunion. We thought it had the best service, most friendly and helpful staff of any hotel where we have stayed--and we have stayed at quite a few! We got a great group rate also. Also enjoyed the breakfasts and had excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly enjoyed hosting your group! Please come see us again soon. Warm Regards, Jessica

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed here for one night while in town. Good front desk service, clean rooms, everything you come to expect in the Courtyard experience. Close to restaurants and access to Interstate. Parking lot well lit and close to doors.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

After a long drive we were happy to be greeted in a friendly way. The reception was very nice and provided us with a suite for our stay. The room was very spacious, clean and included a microwave and refrigerator -- the essentials you appreciate when on vacation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple