Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Hotel Lakewood(Lakewood)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$165
Sheraton.com
Best Western Denver Southwest(Lakewood)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$132
US$140
La Quinta
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar(Lakewood)
US$179
US$162
US$158
Residence Inn
US$176
All reviewsfront deskstarbucks coffeemeeting roombreakfast and dinnerfirst morningresidence innother hotelsroad noisefree breakfastindoor poolhotel lobbyroom was clean and comfortablebusiness triprental carstaff was friendlyrestaurants and shoppingwhole foods
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We were here for sightseeing around Denver and Colorado Springs and had a great visit. The staff was extremely helpful and always welcoming. We really enjoyed the area as well as it was very close to downtown Denver and even closer to Red Rocks. The construction going on in the lobby was a 10' x 10' section of tile being replaced so not a big deal and very easy to walk around. Overall things were very quiet and clean and at a great price as well. We would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to any family/friends staying in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jsmith888
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Staff were exceptionally nice from the initial reservation, check in and early morning starbucks.
Desk staff gave great suggestion for driving from the airport that saved time, a nearby restaurant and sightseeing. It was really disappointing to arrive into a lobby full of extremely loud construction..I thought on line it said New lobby...it was already being retiled...i was given early check in in a very quiet room which was helpful since I had been traveling since 3 AM with limited sleep. As promised the construction was done by 5 pm. The next night though when I planned to work at the business center the tilers continued to work WELL past 5 PM..and were located right behind the computers at that time....
Courtesy $5 off a Bistro selection was appreciated and the food, value and staff couldn't have been nicer!...Robert who worked 10 PM to early am was very nice when at 3 AM leaving for airport gave me some half and half for my coffee...
all and all a great value for the money...good location...and service which is very important!!dating

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Barb G
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We recently spent a week at the Courtyard Marriott Denver Southwest in Lakewood,Colorado, and our first night experience was less than pleasing. No fault of the hotels but rather some very inconsiderate people that decided to turn their room (above us) into what sounded like a jungle gym about 4 A.M. in the morning! Even though we slept very little while the noise was going on we kept waiting for it to stop. It became sporadic so we didn't complain. However on our second night stay the "idiots upstairs" started up again about 3 A.M. jumping off the bed, running around the room or something! This time I called the front desk and complained. The desk clerk said he would go upstairs and if he heard it he would "tell them to stop". Whether he was successful and they ignored him I do not know because the loud and annoying noises sporadically continued and we once again didn't get a very good sleep.

In the morning I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. The General Manager introduced herself as Jessica Barrows. I explained what had happen for the first two nights and she apologized over and over. I told her if the people above us were staying another night we were going to have to leave or be moved. She said she would check and yes they were staying there three more nights. She said she would be happy to upgrade us and give us another room and again was very apologetic for the situation. The "new room" Ms. Barrows provided was across the hall so we wouldn't have to pack everything back in our suitcases - which really helped expedite things (in addition the room was upgraded with a refrigerator)! From this point on we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

I can't say enough about how nice Ms.Barrows was and how professional she handled our situation (she even comped us for one nights stay - which I didn't ask for since it wasn't the hotels fault that there were "inconsiderate idiots above us"). We will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we are in this area!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carl G
DENLKGM, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review and provide your feedback. I really appreciate your kind words. It's really important to me and my team that 100% of our guests are happy with the hotel and their experience. We believe that no matter what the problem is, it's our responsibility to ensure our guest is satisfied. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations! It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope to see you again in the future. Warmest Regards, Jessica

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We just returned from a short spring break "stay- cation" at the Courtyard by Marriott in Lakewood, Colorado. My two young kids and I wanted to escape a snowy day with some time at an indoor pool, hot tub and junk food.

The hotel has obviously been recently updated. Everything looked shiny and clean in the lobby, front desk, hallways and elevator area. Our room was on the second floor and we chose a room with a king size bed and a pull out sofa sleeper. Although the room size is smaller than that of a newer hotel, it was cozy, nicely decorated, served our needs just fine and was very clean. This was the first time in a long time I have stayed in a hotel (including luxury and over priced hotels) where upon arrival I have not found a long black hair on the shower wall, or a small pile of hair and fuzz in the corners of the bathroom. Obviously housekeeping is doing a good job. A previous review had mentioned that the bathrooms were small, but I thought the bath and toilet area was adequate. I hate stepping out of a shower clean and my calf rubbing against the toilet. Gross! That was not the case here. I personally thought that the bath/toilet area was larger than some of the other places I have stayed. I suppose it is a matter of perspective on these issues as is the fact that the vanity and bathroom sink is on the outside of the toilet/bath door. I like this set up a lot while others may not.

WiFi was free and worked fine. There was plenty of free parking and a well it parking lot.
The neighborhood is nice and we never felt unsafe. There is a Denny's and Old Chicago's close by as well as several other restaurants just a minute or two away. There is a workout room. It looked clean and well kept. However, we did not use the equipment. The heat worked great.

The bed was very comfortable and the linens were nice. We had a quiet room with ample television channels.

During the 20+ hours we were there nearly half was spent in the pool area. There is plenty of seating. The pool was clean and warm as was the hot tub. However, the pool deck area was pretty dirty during out entire stay. There were old band aids on the pool deck that where there when we arrived and were still there when we left. Lots of hair, debris, lost room key cards etc. Although this lack of overall cleanliness on the pool deck was clearly the hotel's lack of attention, it did not help that other guests would use towels and just let them lay on the floor when there was a dirty towel bin conveniently located in the room. The disrespect of other pool patrons is by no means the hotel's fault. However, the fact that the same dirty towels were laying in the same spot for nearly the duration of our stay is due to lack of staff attention.

There is an outdoor patio area just off from the pool area. We could not use it due to the snow. However, it looked very nice with ample seating, tables with umbrellas and I even saw a barbecue grill.

We did not indulge in the Bistro. It is certainly a nice option to have on site. But, after reading past unfavorable bistro reviews and also checking out the hefty prices, we opted to eat a banana and granola bar in our room that we had brought.

I would also like to point out to the hotel that the "Refresh Your Routine" hotel information book in the rooms states that there is complimentary coffee in the lobby served daily from 5:00-10:00 a.m. and 5:00-8:00p.m. However, this is not the case. Not a deal breaker but something I thought I would point out. We stay in hotels often and it seems like nearly every one has a misprint and need to update the amenities list, etc. These misprints can range from complimentary coffee to as far as a pool or hot tub (when there really is not one).

I asked my kids (6 and 7) when we left what I should say in this review. They both agreed that the pool was AWESOME and my daughter though the pull out sofa sleeper was super cool and in her 6 year old words..."ultra comfortable". They also thought the front desk staff was very nice. I would agree with their comments. I'd also like to say that check in and out was a breeze and Nick at the front desk was helpful and friendly.

I would recommend this hotel to others. I would stay here again. If you are a AAA member, be sure to ask about discounts when booking.
Safe travels.

Room Tip: If you are a AAA member, be sure to ask about discounts when booking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KinColorado

Thank you so much for taking time to provide your feedback. It's really important to me in finding ways to improve your experience in my hotel. I appreciate your kind words about the hotel renovation and room cleanliness. We are thrilled with our new look and glad you are too. Thank you for pointing out a few opportunity areas - we will keep a closer eye on the pool, as it does tend to get used frequently and needs attention when that happens. Additionally, I wanted to apologize for the mis-information in the Refresh Your Routine book. Because we now offer Starbucks coffee, we no longer offee the complimentary coffee. I have ordered new, updated pages for the guest books and offer you my very sincere apology. Please come see us again and have a cup of Starbucks on me. Again, thank you for your valued feedback. We hope to see you in the future! Warmest Regards, Jessica

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Updated rooms are ok, bathroom a touch small though, the Bistro however adds a new touch, offering food and drinks (full bar) until 10pm and serving delicious and good choice of healthy (and not so healthy) breakfast albeit a bit pricey. The staff is super friendly and helpful, WiFi works well throughout the hotel. Location is good and access to and from motorways is fast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business