“Fast, easy check-in.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco Bay Area
“Fast, easy check-in.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The friendly staff had our keys ready on arrival--excellent!

This is a large hotel and was bustling during our stay. The rooms were spacious and clean. Our bed was lumpy--not the most comfortable--and the pillows (all non-feather, yay!) were small and so tall that it wasn't good on the neck. The nightstands on both sides of the bed each had a table lamp with two power outlets--great for charging our phones while sleeping and having them nearby.

The housekeeping staff had a howling good time in the hallway every morning. It's great that they're so cheerful, but, unfortunately, they too easily disregarded the guests still sleeping at 9 a.m.

The bathroom had loads of counter space. Shower was a tub/shower combo and seemed scrubbed clean with only a very few places of mold in the grout and caulking lines. Water pressure was good and the temperature consistent. Toilet paper was not the usual rough stuff, but it wasn't nicely soft either.

The free WiFi worked mostly well enough but was sluggish at times.

Parking was free in the hotel's large, open-air lot. The hotel has a sports bar on site with a very friendly staff and mediocre food. There are also other restaurants within walking distance.

I wish the beds were more comfortable, as I would return again if ever the area.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank RoadWrangler
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
First, thank you for your very detailed review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would consider returning if you were visiting the Denver area again.
We were concerned about two items mentioned... 1) housekeeping. It's not typical for our housekeeping team to be noisy or disruptive, so we'd like to look into this further. It would help greatly to know the room number and date of stay. 2) bed comfort. This is something guests typically rave about... the comfort of our beds. It's possible that something has happened to the mattress-topper causing the down filling to become lumpy and it needs to be replaced. It would be very helpful for us to quickly resolve these issues if we had a little more information. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time, as we are unable to respond privately to gain more knowledge - so that we may address these two items.
Thank you again for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Georgetown, KY
Reviewed 26 March 2014

If you are traveling with your dog, this is an excellent hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Dogs are very welcome. The only negative is they need to have more counter space in the bathroom! The restaurant is very good, and room service is fast, courteous, and very good!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaroleC629
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleaesd that you enjoyed your recent stay. Thanks for posting!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Our stay was very enjoyable. Recently updated, with a fitness center, 24-hour business center, and conference facilities. The service was great. In-house sports bar/restaurant had shockingly-good food and convenient hours. Prices are reasonable as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for your feedack. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us -- our staff, our restaurant and facilities.
Saginaw, MI
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have never stayed at a hotel with such great service! From check-in, to the bar and restaurant, front desk assistance with information to downtown, to the free shuttle service to the light rail. You people are doing things right!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We'll pass them along to our entire team. We love hear that we are doing it right!!
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I arrived at the hotel for my 3 night stay. I was in town for my friends wedding and I had a lot of spare time before and after the wedding festivities. The first day, I was greeted to the friendliest woman who checked me in and took the time to answer my questions and organize the shuttle for me. As the days and nights went on, I realized that every person I interacted with was so friendly and helpful. The maintenance department gave me rides on the shuttle to the local malls and each one was as friendly as the next. I ordered room service on two occasions and the gentlemen who delivered the food was absolutely wonderful and so professional. The housekeeping department was so polite and did a fantastic job on the room each day. The hotel appeared to be very busy as there were many people in and out of the lobby and many cars in the parking lot, however the staff never made it seem as though they were busy or had other things to do. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed in many hotels however I have never experienced a team as professional and kind as this team. I went into Denver which is so convenient using the light rail system in Englewood. The staff helped me organize my trip to Denver. If I were on undercover boss, Holiday Inn would have been very proud of the work by this amazing group of people. I will return to Denver and I will stay at this hotel!! Thank you so much for all you did to make my stay so amazing!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Moseyfive
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for your kind and detailed review. We truly appreicate your recognition and feedback and will share with our team. Safe Travels until you return to Denver.
CO
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here recently for 2 nites and 3 days. The hotel is easy to find with plenty of parking. We arrived to find a clean and lovely room waiting for us. Too tired to drive around to find a place to eat, we went downstairs to the eatery attached to the hotel and had an excellent meal served by a great staff. Had breakfast the next morning (Caytlin was our terrific waitress) to an equally tasty and beautifully presented meal. That night we ate dinner again there and were very pleased. The hotel staff was always helpful for our stay and we would recommend this hotel highly. Easy on and off from 285 to jump onto C-470 and I-70 or I-25 (don't go thru town as the traffic is crazy and more traffic lights than you can stand!). We'll go back on our next getaway to Denver.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor so the noise was minimal
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your recommendation (and great driving directions!)
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on business and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was updated with modern decor and the rooms are clean. I was invited to the Managers Reception on the 6th floor which was a nice treat with free drinks and some appetizers. The service was great at the reception desk. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations from service, to amenities and overall experience. It's a pleasure to hear when we've done just that. Safe Travels!