“Not very friendly staff”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not very friendly staff”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Squeaky beds, and the complex was rather dirty. We arrived early and the staff refused to let us check in our room early even though it was already vacant...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other of our brand locations in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denver CO
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Everyone at Lakewood South,Denver, CO ensures a great stay for whatever time you need. Fine eating & public transportation is conveniently nearby. Any further info., service or help is always cheerfully given. Especially great for a long stay!

Room Tip: rooms near the stairs or elevator are convenient.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DAM777
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel.  It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.  Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.  That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.  Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest.  It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

denver, co
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've stayed at this property many times over the years. The front desk personnel have always been very pleasant and helpful. The rooms, with rare exceptions, are clean and quiet with no road noise. The landscaping, while usually not a concern for most travelers, gives the hotel a upscale feel. For long stays, this hotel gives excellent value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank will s
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel.  We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.  Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months.  We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 weeks out of necessity, not desire. Saying the place was disgusting is an understatement. The back of the refrigerator was brown and looked like it had either burnt or actually caught on fire recently. The pan they had in the place was so burnt, luckily they had a replacement. The sheets and mattress had stains, and when we asked for replacement sheets, they didn't have any to give us. We were supposed to get a cleaning service once a week and they skipped us one week entirely. When we asked for new sheets and towels, out of 10 items switched out we received 2, which once again was not the sheets. When we complained about this, we were told there was "nothing they could do." there were numerous stains on the walls and floor. When we moved the recliner out of the corner we found a thick layer of dust, empty bottles, and a pair of socks. Under the bed was a similar story, except for numerous bottles. Behind the dresser was another pair of socks bundled up and packages of benedryl. We understand we were only paying $35 a day to stay there, but I question if it was worth even that.

You also have to understand, like any apartment or building shared with a lot of people, that when one person burns their dinner at 11:30 at night, and the fire alarms blare for 30 minutes, that they can't do anything til the fire department arrives, they also dont bother to inform people as to what is going on and if you should leave or not. There was no pool or workout center, as someone had recently posted. The laundry room was filthy.

I will never stay at this place again, and will certainly not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not rent here.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ebu527
Denver
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The rooms are a bit small, but the staff are very friendly and welcoming.

The continental breakfast is not much, but it does the job.

For the price point, I don't think you'll find any better option in the area.

Again the service was absolutely wonderful during my entire stay.

The internet here is quite slow though, as many people live here mor ethan a couple days, I think they may be downloading stuff and such, which slows it down for everyone. They did have comcast out working on the internet speed issues while I was there though, so maybe its better now.

The swimming pool is simple, but clean. There is no food on site, but there is a restaurant right next door (separate from the hotel though). They do deliver to the rooms though fyi.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I trusted the Extended Stay brand and what a mistake. The room did not have heat. It was 60 degrees when I got back to my room from dinner. I called the front desk and there was nothing they could do. Later that night I woke up cold, but the room did not have an extra blanket despite having a convertable couch. The security lock was broken (deadblot was working). There was garbage towering on the 3rd floor landing by the staircase when I arrived and it was still there the next day. After climbing over a bag of garbage to get to my room, I saw several grills in the walkway and had to walk past a man grilling dinner to get to my room. I got the impression that people were living there and not just staying for a week or so while on vacation.
I am so disappointed with this hotel that I refuse to stay in any Extended Stay hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JAN0361
Raytown
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty....the toilet would not flush, called them twice. They never came in to clean the rooms, or make the beds. The beds were so uncomfortable, and the room smelled. It was horrible.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends