“not the worst”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South
Reviewed 3 September 2012

not the wost place to stay but they need to do something about the fire alarms going off everyday that i stayed there 5 days in all and kids running around screaming people arguing all night long the firemen were there more than i was i will not be going back there i stayed there before and there were no problems

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin642
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations.  However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have stayed at Extended Stay Americas years ago and had thought they were a neat idea for having a studio apartment while in vacation. First of all, you could tell by the people hanging out outside that these were residents, not vacationers or business travellers. Our room was in the back of the building and my wife and I both got an unsafe feeling and that we wouldn't want to come and go after dark. Our room was tiny for what I'd expect in an "extended stay" option. No loveseat or couch for viewing tv, you'd have to be lying in bed. The kitchen cabinets were the cheap white laminate style, which would be ok except that the laminate was delaminating from the bottoms of all the base cabinets. There were stains on the countertop. The bathroom was tiny. We were supposed to stay for 3 nights, but only stayed one and went to the Holiday Inn next door and gladly paid the extra $40 a night. It's not worth the cheap price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Montyd72
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, a clean room and comfortable surroundings. I apologize if you found your room to be on the smaller side and the property to be unsafe. As this hotel's General Manager, I can assure you that we take our guests safety very seriously and monitor the grounds regularly. As well, our rooms are designed to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere complete with basic amenities, a kitchenette and sleeping arrangements. All of these items are offered and in place to ensure guests have a wonderful experience while staying with us.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My company booked me here for a business trip. I was supposed to stay 4 nights, but I could not wait to get out of there. In its defense, the property is in desperate need of a total remodel. The staff was friendly and courteous. The property itself isn't suitable for business travelers or vacations. It's clearly a place where people are staying for an extended amount of time - as in living there. It had the feel of a low income apartment complex. I didnt even have any toiletries or a hair dryer in my room So if you're looking for temporary housing, great. If not, keep looking.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LnLTravelGirls
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Squeaky beds, and the complex was rather dirty. We arrived early and the staff refused to let us check in our room early even though it was already vacant...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other of our brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Everyone at Lakewood South,Denver, CO ensures a great stay for whatever time you need. Fine eating & public transportation is conveniently nearby. Any further info., service or help is always cheerfully given. Especially great for a long stay!

Room Tip: rooms near the stairs or elevator are convenient.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DAM777

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel.  It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.  Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.  That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.  Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest.  It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've stayed at this property many times over the years. The front desk personnel have always been very pleasant and helpful. The rooms, with rare exceptions, are clean and quiet with no road noise. The landscaping, while usually not a concern for most travelers, gives the hotel a upscale feel. For long stays, this hotel gives excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank will s

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel.  We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.  Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months.  We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 weeks out of necessity, not desire. Saying the place was disgusting is an understatement. The back of the refrigerator was brown and looked like it had either burnt or actually caught on fire recently. The pan they had in the place was so burnt, luckily they had a replacement. The sheets and mattress had stains, and when we asked for replacement sheets, they didn't have any to give us. We were supposed to get a cleaning service once a week and they skipped us one week entirely. When we asked for new sheets and towels, out of 10 items switched out we received 2, which once again was not the sheets. When we complained about this, we were told there was "nothing they could do." there were numerous stains on the walls and floor. When we moved the recliner out of the corner we found a thick layer of dust, empty bottles, and a pair of socks. Under the bed was a similar story, except for numerous bottles. Behind the dresser was another pair of socks bundled up and packages of benedryl. We understand we were only paying $35 a day to stay there, but I question if it was worth even that.

You also have to understand, like any apartment or building shared with a lot of people, that when one person burns their dinner at 11:30 at night, and the fire alarms blare for 30 minutes, that they can't do anything til the fire department arrives, they also dont bother to inform people as to what is going on and if you should leave or not. There was no pool or workout center, as someone had recently posted. The laundry room was filthy.

I will never stay at this place again, and will certainly not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not rent here.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple