“Bare bones but clean and comfortable.”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South
bRAZORIA
“Bare bones but clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Excellent staff, clean room in a great location. This facility has been upgraded and the new mattress was a real improvement. We stayed several days and appreciated the kitchen facilities in the room. Not fancy but very comfortable.

Room Tip: Plan to bring some personal supplies i.e. shampoo, conditioner, body wash and dish detergent with yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and comfort during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Superb staff, very clean rooms, quiet location, and excellent wifi connection. I was at the other Lakewood property (west) and had horrible service and wifi connection and would NOT recommend that location, so I transferred to Lakewood South. So glad I did! The staff was fantastic, clean room and very high quality service all around with excellent wifi so I could get work done. I had my pajamas stolen at the west location and the district manager even reimbursed me for the loss. Now who would do such a nice thing like that these days?? She did! Lakewood South experience was just overall superb and highly recommend this hotel! 5 stars just even isn't enough! As I said ALL the staff were fantastic and the value, quality and location were superb! Thank you to all the staff there as they were so friendly and helpful! Again I highly recommend this hotel! Tricia B.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how hard this property works to put guests first and make it right whenever we can. It truly was a pleasure to have you as our guest. You will be missed!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We met most of most of the staff over the first part of our stay including maintenance and house keeping. Everyone seemed genuine & friendly and were doing more than just a "job." (I hope the company is doing profit sharing with them. They seem to work as a team.) I am doing this review after my first week. I will write another one at the end of my 3 week stay. The room was clean including kitchen area, refrig & stove eyes, microwave, drawers, bathroom. Refrig can make normal compressor noises so we advise loading with water, milk, orange juice, soda, etc to add bulk. Then adjust refrig temp to suit so cycle is longer. This a good place to stay while we are helping our daughter & husband with newborn for few weeks. We were in Queen Suite.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Congratulations on the newest member of your family!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you noticed my teams' efforts to make you feel at home. We are truly happy to have you as a guest and look forward to having you continue to be one for the next several weeks!
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This not exactly a hotel, but fine for a good night's sleep. It's really a good value if you are relocating to the area and would like to be able to cook in your room as it has a microwave, can opener, toaster, pans, fridge, a small stove, cupboards with flatware, cups, plates, spatula, strainer, cutting board, coffee maker with coffee. It doesn't say they provide breakfast, but there is a package of Belvita in the room. Free wifi for a month. Comfortable bed. Yes the sheets and towels could use a bit more bleach and there was a chemical clean smell to the room I had, but I'm glad to know there is this chain of hotels out there in case I need to relocate somewhere. Friendly staff and great location!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the competence of our staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed 1 April 2013

With my job I do a significant amount of traveling, and my significant other and I planned to use Extended Stay America as our housing of choice while on the road. I now however, may be rethinking that. Our first experience with this chain, in a different city was amazing. Perfect. Couldn't ask for more. I unfortunately cannot say that I had the same experience at ESA Lakewood South. After a long 14 hour drive we were greeted with rudeness, not the smiling and welcoming faces that we had grown accustomed to at the other extended stay. First impressions say a lot, and we should have listened! The residents of this hotel, some were residents for years, were quite the characters. Several times a week we would see multiple police cars there. Which did not really provide the safe and secure feeling in the environment we were looking for.The smoke detectors and fire alarm system went off numerous times, and could not be reset until the fire department responded--this occurred at all hours day and night. Which I consider another safety concern, definitely not relaxing. The rooms were old and outdated, however they did seem to be attempting some updates. Which are much needed. The rooms (we moved a couple times) appeared to be clean when we walked in, but then we looked closer at the air conditioner and behind the refrigerator, etc and we found that cleanliness was not the case. While the establishment claims to be pet friendly, the staff did not seem to be on board. I hate to leave negative reviews, but I also hate to give money to a company that clearly does not appreciate the business. And I would hate for others to do so also. We spent a little over a month there, dumb on our part. But we learned and will be taking our business and money elsewhere. After looking at some of these "rave" reviews and knowing how our experience was, I wonder if these ratings are being falsified in some way. There is no other explanation for this.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank arasnic
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay Lakewood South. Our staff is hand selected to be part of our team here at Extended Stay and I was dissapointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. They are selected for their willingness to be helpful, courteous and always ready to make you feel at home with us.We would certainly be happy to have you back with us for a future stay should your travels bring you back to the area.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful 8 day stay because of Francine. She was fabulous and was more than helpful when we ran into a few issues. Thank you for your great customer service. The location is easy access to 285 and close to Belmar for all your shopping needs. All in all great place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
We just received a copy of your review and wanted to say thank you so much for the outstanding comments about the service provided by our associates. I'm thrilled that Francine made such a wonderful and lasting impression from your recent stay. Again, thank you so much for the review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had stayed at this location for 2 months while looking for other living arrangements. My room was very comfortable. The accommodations were good and if I had any concerns they were remedied almost immediately. I will say that the hotel manager, David, was extremely helpful, considerate, polite and over all professional. Matt was also great. I cannot recall the names of all of the staff members, but I enjoyed staying there and they made my transition smooth.

Room Tip: I would say knowing who your neighbors might be would help in on start of your stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am very happy to hear that you were satisfied with the accomodations and staff. It gives me great pleasure to hear positive comments about any of our properties.Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you again in the future if your travels bring you to our area.