“if you're picky about BBQ ...”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #37 of 410 Restaurants in Lakewood
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Smoking meats and preparing an array of down-home side dishes fresh daily, the Moe's Original Bar B Que Bear Creek location satisfies with its famous Southern taste. In the shadow of Red Rocks Amphitheater with wide open views of the mountains to the West, this Lakewood location provides easy access to all of West Metro Denver offering a killer patio with 60 seats and big flat screens for those important SEC games. Additionally, large party to go orders and catering with delivery is available.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

... you should probably try it just to rule it in or out. I'm VERY picky, and I don't like too many BBQ places, and to me this one was average. It's fast-food style like most BBQs must be, I suppose, due to the length of time the meats need to cook. You order at the counter and sit down somewhere and the food comes out faster than you think (unless it's really busy). I was there at about 8 p.m. on a week night, and they were out of ribs. The pulled pork was good, though not the best I've had, and I didn't much like the beans. The cornbread was a little dry and not the most flavorful I've had, though you get a big piece. They have a lot of types of BBQ sauce you can try. I probably won't come here again except to accompany my husband when he finally gets around to trying it.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

great service, great smiles, fabulous food, this operation is a TOP 10, # 1 for bbq in Colorado now. this is the real deal.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pretty great bbq, but I think the location in Boulder has a better quality and taste. Their mac and cheese is amazing when it is hot and fresh. The cornbread - wow - so good. You get the drink with the meal and if you buy an adult meal, you can get a kid's meal for $2.

It is Southern BBQ and not Texas, these guys are from Alabama, so don't expect Texas BBQ.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

On the spur of the moment we decided to give this place a try! We ordered the Triple Wide family dinner to go and chose turkey, sausage and beef. It was all tasty....but I LOVED the sausage. BBQ sauce was spicy and the sides were yummy too! We chose Beans, Slaw and Potato salad. Enjoyed that the slaw was marinated, not just drenched in dressing. All the meat was tender and juicy! The Triple Wide was enough to feel our family of 5 for dinner....for under $40!!!!

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is set in a strip center and has a fairly basic but nice atmosphere. I did a three meat combo of pulled pork, sliced brisket, and hotlinks with BBQ beans and marinated slaw for sides. It is also served with an interesting cornbread and a drink for $14.00.

Regarding the meat, the pulled pork was pretty good but didn't have a lot of flavor. The brisket was slightly over cooked but was still tender and had decent flavor. The hotlinks were good, with nice flavor and texture. They were already out of ribs when I got there just before 7pm but were cooking more.

Their sauce and sides are good. The portion though on the three meat combo isn't very big, probably 8-10 ounces of meat. With the meat, sides, cornbread and a beer, it was plenty filling if you have a normal appetite.

It's worth checking out if your in the area and looking for BBQ. I would definitely check out the smoked turkey or chicken and the ribs and see how they are.