“DON'T GO”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Las Margaritas at Belmar
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Freshest of ingredients, great bar & huge Tequila selection. Overhead doors open to provide great atmosphere. Consistently great food.
Denver, Colorado
“DON'T GO”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The margaritas where like having water with lots of ice... Guacamole tasteless. Expensive. And the worst MANAGER rude, impolite, he doesn't care about the customers, he treated us awful. Don't waste your money and time.

• Visited August 2011

San Antonio, Texas
“Pass”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We are from Colorado, but lived in TX for much of this past decade which has reset our expectations for not only Mexican food, but restaurants in general. This place, located in what used to be the Villa Italia Mall, is pricey for the lack of quality food and service. I ordered the Tacos Al-Carbon with steak; the diced up "fajita" meat had nearly turned to jerky it was so dry. I suspect it had been sitting out for way too long and somebody was too lazy to prepare fresh steak. I also tried a house margarita on the rocks, no salt (since people warned me their margs were salty). It was not a great margarita, just there. Pico de gallo was made with too much onion for my taste, not enough cilantro, or ripe red tomatoes. Tortillas tasted like a standard out-of-the-bag flour tortilla. Some sort of weird sweet corn mash scooped up on every plate at the table, tasted like sweetened cornbread mix, but didn't seem to fit in with anybody's meal. My husband ordered the Chile Rellenos and thought they were ok, but way over priced. He also ordered a beer, which the server spilled all over my back and winter coat, soaking my coat throughout. I understand accidents happen, but the manager did not come by to see if things were ok. Bad move on the manager's part. Desserts were terrible; just skip dessert and go down to Ben and Jerry's a block away if you do decide to eat here.

• Visited January 2011
Denver, Colorado
“Consistently great food, very friendly staff.”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My wife and I live in Belmar and frequent Las Margaritas. We have many wonderful Mexican restaurants in the Denver metro area and I must say that Las Margaritas is my favorite. Not only because the food is great and the location convenient to my home but the wait staff and management are very friendly and always make us feel welcome. There is a well stocked bar with many tequilas from young to old. There are overhead doors on the south and east sides that open when weather permits. If only we had an ocean it would feel like we're sitting in a cabana on the Mayan riviera!!