“Paper-Thin Walls :(”

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 27 July 2013

When we first got here the property was exactly as I expected. Front desk staff helpful and cheerful, clean property, etc., but once we were in the room we realized the walls are paper thin. The people above us have a toddler and we can hear every footstep of adults and child. Conversational voices from an open door across the hall drift right into our room. And worst yet, I can hear the people next door talking to each other in low voices. I have stayed in many Marriott properties all over the country and never experienced anything like this. I find myself whispering to my husband because I know our neighbors can hear us. ... Please Lord, do not strike the neighbors with romantic notions. I don't think I can take it.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor so at least you can't hear people above you!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bugs4cy
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm very happy to hear that our hotel mission of being, "clean & friendly" was well noticed during your stay at the Residence Inn. I'm very sorry to hear that you felt our walls were "paper thin". I do apologize for any disturbances you may have encountered with the noise during your stay. Some noises, like a crying baby or barking dog, will most likely be heard if your room is positioned near these rooms. If you ever encounter any noise issues, please feel free to contact our front desk so we may investigate the situation. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel allows dogs and every morning the dog next door started barking at 5 am. The rooms were comfortable and the kitchen area was fine for us. The day management was friendly and helpful during our entire stay. The night desk staff needs training on how to treat guest. I would stay there again if dogs were not allowed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith W
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of your current stay. I'm very sorry to hear a dog was barking in the early morning during your stay. We are one of the very
few "pet-friendly" hotels in the area, which is a very nice feature for those guests traveling with their family and pets.

The Residence Inn Denver SW/Lakewood does have one of the best front desk teams in the country, for both the morning and evening. We are currently ranked in the top 7% of Residence Inns for overall Staff Service. I'm sorry you feel our night front desk staff needs additional training on how to treat a guest, as I am well aware of the situation you are referencing. To ensure the safety and security of all of our guests, our team is well trained on all hotel policies and all policies must be enforced. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

I truly do hope you and your softball team had a great time and a great tournament! Best of luck on the future season and hope to see your team next year!

Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this property. This time I stayed in the two-bedroom suite with a kitchen. It's spacious, furniture is pretty battered. The staff is extremely friendly and they do a very good job serving breakfast especially with a lot of people. As was they case with us because there were multiple sports teams staying there. I really want to like this property, but their mattresses are like mush. I just can't sleep on a bed like this and I won't stay there again because of it. Some money spent to upgrade the furniture and beds would be a good investment for this property. Also I need to mention that the walls are very thin. Noises above and in neighboring rooms can all be heard.

Room Tip: Recommend room at the end of the hallway or on the top floor to avoid the noise. Even average walkin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lori K
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you very much for the honest review. I'm terribly sorry you felt our bed mattresses were like "mush". I understand how difficult of a time it can be to sleep on a mattress that is different to what you are used to. We try and accomodate any guests needs that we can if you find yourself not getting a good night's rest. We do have bed boards and foam mattress tops for guests if you find our mattresses are too soft or too hard. I'm really happy to hear our staff was extremely friendly during your stay. We take great pride in our guest service scores. Thank you again and I truly hope to see you again at our property!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were in Denver for training and this hotel was in walking distance from our training site. Also within walking distance were several restaurants, The suite I was in had a full kitchen, although I mainly just used the refrigerator. Oh and when the wind blew hard, the window made a whistling sound. I am not used to any light or sounds at night, so that sort of bothered me, as did the sound of the heater and the refrigerator. BUT the room was very nicely decorated, had a large TV, comfortable furniture and a nice large vanity area. The free breakfast was not to my liking, but lots of my colleagues enjoyed it. For me, it was just oatmeal and juice...

Room Tip: try to get a corner room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for the very nice review. I'm glad you and your colleagues enjoyed their stay. I'm sorry the window made a whistling sound when the wind blew hard. I'm glad you did like the other aspects of your room. I hope you truly enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again next time your company has a conference in the Lakewood area.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a week. The breakfast area and food was fine. I enjoyed the room, which was quiet and quite comfortable. I also enjoyed the work out area and the spa/hot tub. I found every piece of workout equipment to be in good condition. The only slight disappointment that I had was with the housekeeping stafff which didn't leave enough bathroom tissue. If that's the only issue, then this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

I appreciate the great review! I'm sorry you did not have enough bathroom tissue in your room. We always have a second roll hiding in the cabinet, under the sink. I'll make sure to inform our housekeeping team of your review so that we can ensure this does not happen again to our future guests. Thank you again for the kind review and I hope you will use our hotel the next time you visit Lakewood, Colorado.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed here from Dec 22 through Xmas day and our stay was excellent. The airport had accidentally transferred our luggage and the front desk was very nice about us checking in every so often to see if it was delivered. They also had everything we needed (toiletry- wise). Breakfast was pretty good. The room was very nice. We paid $85 a night and that was a bargain. You get soo much more here for not much more than you would pay for a Super 8 or Holiday Inn. The bed was soo comfortable. The hotel was quiet as well and very clean. The decor was dated but you could only tell because of the style, it was very well taken care of and clean. But I know some people out there really care about how updated the rooms are so if you are one of those then you may want to stay somewhere else. There was nothing fancy about the hotel or the room but it was very nice and comfortable and we had a lot of space in our room. Best hotel I've stayed in and best bang for your buck!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you so much for this great review!! We truly try to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel there is. I'm glad you truly enjoyed your stay and we hope your had a happy holidays!

Reviewed 10 December 2012

A long-term stay of 3 full weeks means that my expectations are very different than a normal couple of nights and so for the most part, I'm giving this hotel a thumbs up. The issues that would have brought the rating down were really due to my company and the length of my stay, not the hotel so I wanted to hold off. My stay was during September and into mid-October and what I remember most is that the housekeeping staff ALWAYS smiled and said hello, the lady at breakfast was outstanding with her smiles and checking on me, once notified of a very huge billing issue the staff bent over backwards to apologize to our group and make it right, but most of all I will remember that I felt "at home" in general and so that really says a lot about this hotel. I had a 1 bedroom with a door between the living area and bed so I had a small dresser in the sleeping area that the suite rooms did not. For a night or two this wouldn't be an issue but for any longer than that, drawer space would pose a problem. The workout room is very small but the treadmills were new and sufficient. The area is quiet and there's no traffic noise. The breakfast is better than most standard freebies and the manager's reception in the evenings was nice to have whether eating or not. I was with a large group for a long time stay so we pretty much took over the lobby, even on non-reception evenings, with our own crockpots and food - the staff was WONDERFUL about this and really encouraged us to use the lobby as our own living room. That was very much appreciated. My one big complaint would be that the door into the lobby doesn't stay open which isn't a problem is you just have a couple bags but when you're moving in for almost a month it's definitely a pain! Overall I have very fond memories of the hotel, staff, and Denver during the beautiful Fall.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lisa H
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

I truly appreciate the kind and sincere review! I do remember your group and I'm so glad we were able to solve your issues in the beginning. We are so glad that you felt "at home" during your stay. This truly is our goal for our extended stay guests as we know it is difficult being away from friends and family. I truly hope to see you and your group again soon! Thank you again and Happy Holidays!