Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Comfort Suites Lakewood Denver(Lakewood)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$165
Sheraton.com
US$176
Hampton.com
Best Western Denver Southwest(Lakewood)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$122
BestWestern.com
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar(Lakewood)
US$179
US$183
US$134
US$209
Homewood
All reviewsfront desklaundry facilitiesevening receptionred rocksrooms were very cleanwould stay here againfull kitchencomfy bedfree breakfastgreat customer serviceindoor poolupon checkwest sideconvenient locationbedroomalmadenver
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this Residence Inn. Checked in very late at night and the person at the front desk was very professional,upbeat and extremely efficient. The breakfast was good and the rooms were kept clean and inviting. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim C
Daniel H, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for the kind review! We are fortunate to have such a great team here and are glad we were able to accomodate your needs. Please let us know if you will be back in our area in the future. We'd love to see you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had more problems with the male night clerk C than ever before at any hotel! While he was pleasant enough and even bordered on friendly, it was more like talking to someone who was told what to say and did not think on his own. In our opinion, he not only needed more customer service training, but training on how to treat people and to put oneself in the other person's place. We would have understood a few glitches. The clerk gave us the wrong time for breakfast and then corrected that. That we understood since their times change from weekends. When I asked about the price for doing laundry (It was empty in the laundry room, so that made it nice and fast.) I was told it is $ 1.25 but he did not say it takes only quarters, so that was an extra trip for more quarters.
Our card for the door did not work, and someone else's also did not so it seemed apparent that it was not done right since ours were not even close to anything magnetic and it was first time use, not a second or third day. We also made that know the next morning.
What really got us angry was that we booked our room more than five months ahead, but he said: "We did not make a reservation, we put in a request." I said in all other hotels it is a reservation. We had asked for a room away from elevators and ice machines, highest floor possible. Then he failed to tell us that the bed also came with a pull out sofa. We were so upset at this point that we were ready to leave. We checked our "reservation", not "request". While it was our fault that we assumed we had booked two queens, it was a double looking size and the sofa pull out, but he failed to mention that the sofa did pull out! Then when we asked if they had a king or two queens, he said " The managers say we can't upgrade, and there is only one room with two queens and you will have to pay more." When we asked to speak to a manger, he said we would have to wait until morning. Too bad he did not have the authority to make things right. They could have upgraded us to the empty room. He said it was the only room left, so it sounded like our reservation("Request" in his terms) was not held. When I said we would be calling Corporate when we returned home, he seemed not to care at all.
His customer service skills were seriously lacking,yet when we talked to the manager the next morning he kept repeating that this clerk was his star pupil. When we said, "Not for us" he just repeated it several times and then said we obviously wanted something, and he would give us 2,000 points. What we wanted was good, even average customer service and accurate information. There was a lack with us of the attitude of really wanting to make things right, more the attitude of were were after something not due us. Nice gesture but we will NOT return to this particular Marriott. My husband at the beginning joked that we brought along our pet moose, and the clerk said: "Then you will need a room on the first floor". At least there was some humor involved in his thinking we had something like a dog.
The reason we gave an average instead of poor was that even though the clerk basically did not care and was far from alert the breakfast and property were decent in several ways. However: The pool clock was one hour ahead, the laundry clocked had stopped, there was no bath mat to put in the tub so it was slippery. When we brought that up the manager said one could request one, but I said by the time one is getting ready to step in as I was..my husband also talked to him so at that point he said he would check into putting a little note to let people know one is available. There was a sign not to turn the a/c below 68, but it was not cool at 68.
We usually are very happy with our hotel experiences and easy to please, but this time was the worst exception we have experienced in years of travel.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room as high up as possible and away from elevators, ice machines and noise. We have learned the hard way to check before we go to our room to make sure the reservation requests have been followed through as much as possible
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Residence Inn Lakewood. I truly appreciate all feedback and opinions of every one of our guests. I did want to inform you that our front desk agent did exactly what he was supposed to do that evening. He is one of the BEST associates I have ever seen when it comes to taking care of our guests. This particular front desk agent also has many references in our TripAdvisor reviews and even his name in titles due to the customer service he has provided during a guest’s stay.

I’m very sorry you needed a room with two beds when you booked our standard room. A room request cannot always be honored if it is not available within the hotel. Since we could not fulfill your request and you wanted a room with 2 beds, our front desk agent did take the time to see if he could move your reservation to the Courtyard by Marriott hotel, directly across our parking lot. This hotel had rooms with 2 beds, but this offer was declined. Also, our only room with 2 Queen beds, the two-bedroom suite, is rarely available for a free upgrade as we have a limited supply. With only having 1 of these rooms available at 7pm that evening, we certainly will still need to charge the required premium for this room. As you noted above, the reservation you made was for a room with only 1 queen bed.

In the end, I was glad to see that our front desk agent was able to honor all of your additional requests by giving you a room on the top floor, away from the elevator and ice machine for your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for the hotel. I’m sorry you felt our front desk agent did not provide good customer service, I can understand that any associate on any day can have a bad day, but knowing the individual and the fact that I was approached that following morning by a Marriott Platinum guest, who was present during the interaction and who informed me he should be commended for the way he handled this encounter, really confirms he is a "star pupil".

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I got this hotel when I did a name your own price on Priceline, and it was a great hotel for the business I had to conduct. Nice to have the big King Size Bed and a kitchen even though it was just me traveling for business. Great staff, very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing our hotel and giving us such a nice review. Our property is at a great location for many business travelers. I'm so glad our staff took great care of you and that our room provided you with great comfort. Thank you again and we hope you choose us again the next time you travel for business!

Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The room seemed a bit dated, but it does have a stovetop in it, so you can cook your own meals if staying for a while. The front desk staff are super and provide great customer service. The breakfast staff and the social hour staff are very friendly and accommodating. It was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for the nice review! Our kitchens do make our rooms comfortable for the long term stay guest. I'm very glad you enjoyed our breakfast and took notice of our clean and friendly hotel! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we can see you again soon!

GM

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband is a gold member and we were not too happy with our room on the first floor. A bit noisy, the sink was clogged and the closet doors fell off their track. Overall, the breakfast was fine and the front desk friendly but the room fell short of expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! As a Gold Member of the Marriott Rewards Program, we truly appreciate your loyaly. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast & friendly front desk. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your room. We take great pride in having everything in working order during a guest's stay. Please know that if you ever encounter an issue with your room, please contact the front desk for assistance. Our maintenance manager is one of the best in the business and would be more than happy to correct any issues. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you'll visit us again soon!

GM