“Very helpful, courteous, adequate rooms; good location to visit Dinosaur Ridge” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Solihull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

How glad were we to find this hotel, with a last 2 bed suite left, (having arrived very late after a 19 hour journey at the Best Western Lakewood to be told that 'Expedia never told them about the booking', although we had paid for it)

Staff were very courteous and helpful.

The suite was very adequate for our purpose, although I have to say that the furniture was rather scratched and worn. The bedrooms each had a bathroom . The lounge had what you need. A table and four dining chairs; a sofa and one lounge chair. Not that big, but it was adequate

We wanted to visit Dinosaur Ridge and this was a good location for that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AlbertSolihull
Jessica B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. The Residence Inn Denver Southwest Lakewood will be undergoing a full renovation in September 2014. We are very excited about the changes and hope you will come back to visit us to see our new look! We value you as a customer - thank you for choosing Residence Inn. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Dual General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We ended up here due to overbooking at a different associated property- and we were super happy with the change! The manager was very accommodating our sudden arrival, the suite and amenities were better than the place we were moved from, breakfast was a nice selection.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jen C
Jessica B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to provide your feedback! I am thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay. You are an important guest and your feedback means a lot. We look forward to serving you again.
Swanton, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I just completed my second stay at the hotel. I came back because the rooms have a fridge, small kitchen and they have breakfast. My room was clean, but very worn. I was disappointed that my room was not cleaned. I stopped at the front desk to ask for towels and the trash to be emptied at a minimum. That is exactly what I got. Not the end of the world, but I would have liked to have the full cleaning.

They are scheduled to renovate this fall. It is needed. This is a good, middle of the road choice. It is ideal for business travelers. There are numerous restaurants nearby along with a convenient grocery store. WiFi is included and that is a major plus for me. There is an Extended Stay America right around the corner that is much newer. If I have to go before the renovation, I will likely give that a try.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eva W
Jessica B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. The Residence Inn will be undergoing a full renovation in September - we are very excited about this. I have also addressed the housekeeping issues with our team and assure you this will not happen again. Again, thank you for your feedback. You are important to us and we appreciate your business. Please come see us again.
Breckenridge, Co
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and been disappointed before. I am a loyal Marriott member, 92 stays for pleasure. One time they could not honor my reservation and sent us across the street to Courtyard (no kitchen, no free breakfast)
This time the place seemed deserted when we checked in at 4:30 and were given a 2nd floor room ( my profile requests a high floor). When we returned from out evening event at 11:00 there was a lot of heavy walking noise from the room above us. After 30 minutes with no let up I called the desk & asked the clerk to call the room to ask them to quiet down. By midnight it sounded like they were playing basketball in the room above us. I called the front desk again and was told that there was a child on crutches & the noise couldn't be helped - after midnight!
I asked to be moved to another room and was told they were sold out as was the Courtyard across the street. Their solution was to move us to another property 25 minutes away. We got checked in at 2:00 am. No kitchen, no free breakfast.

Room Tip: Top floor is the only way to avoid the noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank breckpatty
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. I will address the way the situation was handled so we can improve next time. Thank you again for your feedback.
LaVista, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ok I meditate and I like to sleep with my head facing north. I am in this hotel a lot and asked for a room facing north. I got in late and got the last room, not facing north, and I was cranky and tired and, in spite of my unique request which was not possible to grant, the next day staff did what they could. I was kind of crazy with tiredness, work stress, etc. (Not enough meditation) I was moved to a better room, and the staff who helped me were really sweet. They left a gift bag. I am not really used to people making an effort to be sure I am happy, and they made that effort after not being able to grant the unique request I wanted. It is hard to describe how disarming kindness is to the presence of tired crankiness. I love my little hotel where I come so frequently. And I hope I learn to behave better, however I have enjoyed the perks of kindness. Comfy and convenient, I like my eggs and canadian bacon and fruits and dinners at night. The Brats were great!. People seem happy here.They asked about the airport below. It is about 40 minutes, Not really the issue for me as it is convenient for me for business. Will be remodeled in August or so.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shelagh K
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

While the front desk people was nice and tried to make things right, we were very disappointed in this hotel. We normally love Marriott's because there is consistency across the country but this one had holes in furniture, patched walls, frayed curtains, light bulbs out, and TV's that didn't work. We had to keep asking for rooms to be cleaned and for more towels & washcloths from the cleaning staff. They are getting ready to undergo renovation so a lot of these problems will go away this fall hopefully.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kikikiwi123
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Lakewood. I am very sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. The hotel is planning a full renovation for September 2014 and believe we will be well above the Marriott standard after this takes place. Again, I apologize. You are important to us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Don't judge the hotel by the condition of the entryway, which was a bit of a mess -- dirty, unswept -- or the hallways with carpeting in need of cleaning. It's an older Residence Inn, though it's been refurnished with the one-armed red sofa and vinyl chair. The room was really quite immaculate and comfortable. Wifi was fast and dependable. Quiet location set among office buildings. A Denny's and a Chinese place about a block away and a list at the front desk of places that deliver. Alma at the front desk should get a raise -- outstanding customer service kinda like all Marriott properties used to be.

Room Tip: Location is very quiet, but I always ask for the top floor in Marriott hotels since there's ofte...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
1 Thank biztravelerChicago
Jessica B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I apologize for the unkept look the hotel had when you visited us. I have addressed this - total hotel cleanliness is of utmost importance and a strong focus has been placed on this. The hotel will also be undergoing a full renovation in September 2014. We look forward to showing you our new look. Please come see us again in the future.