“Poorly Maintained Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
cincy
“Poorly Maintained Hotel”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I had stayed here before and the hotel is now decrepit and old. Filthy stairways and filthy in general. Beds hard as a rock and lousy internet service.

Everything is worse and the rates are higher now so the hotel is half empty. Avoid.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Fortunately we were lucky and got a newly refurbished room and slept well. The housekeeping is horrible - esp OUTSIDE the "house"!!! Right next to Hooters, so you can kind of imagine the clientele that frequents this place. Cigarette butts and cig smoke all over the stairwells/elevator. Many rooms had BBQ grills sitting next to the doors - got the idea? Bags of trash (dirty diapers??) blocking the stairwells were still there the next morning. Elevator reinspection was 2 months overdue. No alarm clock, hair dryer. 19 inch TV??? Obviously the owners don't care about the cleaniliness OR maintenance at all! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RockyMtnRd
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The room was reasonably clean when I got in, but not perfect. I have rarely been in one that was. Management is helpful, and staff tries to be, but there is only so much they can do with a property that desperately needs an upgrade to keep it from falling out of the acceptable category. The laundry is small for the size of the property and there's only two things of worth withing walking distance... a gas station and Hooters. It is close to the interstate (not really an interstate, but it might as well be). There occasionally are some characters that stay there, but management has a "don't stay" list that they check to make sure they don't come back. Dogs are welcome, but I rarely have heard one. Rooms have good insulation which may be why THIS HOTEL HAS THE WORST INTERNET CONNECTIVITY OF ANY I HAVE EVER STAYED AT. It constantly fails, but the worst is the extremely low signal. You can get a better signal from the houses in the back of the hotel. Support is through a private firm and they are no help whatsoever as they can't do anything about it. I have stayed here in multiple rooms over the last 5 months and it is ALWAYS the same. Either the routers "have fallen down and need to be reset" or the signal is so low that you can't do anything anyway. This is the first place I have stayed that I actually wish I still had a dialup account. Yeah.

Room Tip: Get the larger room if you will stay over a month.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Phoenix
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I was hesitant to stay here because of the negative reviews, but it was the best location for my trip and in the price range I wanted to pay. It's a two-star hotel at best, and that's mainly because of the age of the property. It looks like upkeep was put hold at some point in the past, and it really could use a a major renovation. There's one small, slow elevator, so your best bet is to use the stairs. They could use more parking. But since I wasn't expecting the Hilton, I don't have any serious complaints.

My room was clean and everything was in working order. Maybe older and a bit worn, but I didn't see any obvious stains or damage. The dishes and silverware were very basic, but clean. The enormous room took days to heat up with the baseboard heating system, though -- I don't know when anyone last stayed in that room, but the thermostat was turned all the way down. That's my one major complaint. Yes, the beds are hard, but that didn't bother me much.

I had no problems with the internet (when you first use it, it says something about a fee, but hotel staff told me that you're not actually charged). Also, staff were very friendly and helpful, even when I lost my key. I didn't encounter any noise problems during my stay, but it was during the middle of the week, not the weekend, if that makes a difference.

I would recommend this hotel, but not to everyone. I think it's best if you're really trying to save some money on shorter, non-vacation stays. If you're on vacation, you'd likely be more comfortable at another place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Astatine-85
Alexandria VA
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The hotel was old and a bit run down, but the location was perfect! Just 15 minutes to Red Rocks...being close was our goal. The room was clean, but the carpets did have stains and the walls had some repairs (holes). The bathroom was very clean. We thought the bed was extremely comfortable. The room was HUGE! It had a living room and separate bedroom which was nice. The remote didn't work on either TV. We also couldn't get access to the Internet despite calls to their help line. The pool was sparkling, but we didn't go in. The kitchenette had a full size fridge, 2 burner stove top and microwave. Please note: this property IS a 2 star hotel and NOT luxury accomodations so keep that in mind!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TracyfromVirginia
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I advise you to look elsewhere and here's why:

* There was a dead fly & a pubic hair under the pillow when I checked in
* To say the room stank is an understatement
* The place was filthy
* It appeared to be a rooming house for drunks
* A cab driver pounded on the door next to mine for 2 hours

Do yourself a favor. Find a different place to stay. I wish I had.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank colorado80228
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 July 2010

As you've probably already read in most of the previous reviews. This hotel is gross. We originally made our reservations for 3 nights and within a few hours of being at the hotel were already discussing checking out early. The sofa bed was pulled out and had no linens, its was disgustingly dirty and stained. The bed in the back room had brown ---- stained all down the sides. The air conditioning didn't work very well and not nearly enough to move air to the back bedroom. During the night the air went out. Tried calling the front desk letting the phone ring and ring and no answers. Refrigerator froze everything in it.
I would never ever ever stay at an Extended Stay of America again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TerriWolf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West? Share your experiences!