“awesome service”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 29 January 2013

locked my keys in vehicle, no problem. Staff was extremely professional( Charissa). Friendly atmosphere. Very clean. I would certainly stay again! Many places are twice the price. No need. Very secure and " homelike setting". Thanks to all the staff for making me feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased that you chose to stay with us while in Lakewood. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was very happy with my room. The staff at this hotel was very helpful and nice. Charissa, andrea and jane made my stay very comfortable. yes the building is older, but i would rather have a building that was built well so i dont hear people above me. The location is perfect for anything you want to do in Denver, close to highways to get you anywhere, and better yet close to the mountains. The price is right for a week stay, saved me from eating out all the time and that saved a lot. I would stay here again if back in Denver.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kg2013_13
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our associates made you feel welcome and that they were always available. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I was very happy with my room, helpful people at the front desk, convenient location, and it was extremely quiet. My room was clean and for the price a very good two nights in Lakewood. If people want the Hilton, then pay the price and stop complaining.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review about our hotel. It was our pleasure to take care of your lodging needs while you were in Lakewood. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Room smelled like someone had cured tobacco in there! Truly awful. The lady next door had a dog that barked a lot. I saw a good number of homeless people walking around the parking lot. They do not have parking to accommodate an oversized pickup truck. Many people complained about the truck blocking sidewalk or entrance but we were stuck because they do not have the parking for a truck this size. (Double cab with extended bed 3/4 ton) Hooters next door was loud. Busy intersection was hard to get in and out. I would have never stayed if I would have known. The ceiling in the bathroom was rotting and falling down, floor was sticky with urine! They say pots & pans but all I had was a dirty pan with a lid that 3 sizes to big for it. Frig was broken and all my snacks were frozen when we left. Yuck!

Room Tip: Do not stay here ever!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Anita P
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am mentoring each team member and also I am inspecting each guestroom to ensure that this does not occur in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can improve in the areas as needed. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dlw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Yes, I agree with others saying it's shabby. Hot water works off and on and absolutely poor wi-fi. You get a signal then it stops in less than 5 minutes. We stayed a week and needed it badly. They had us talk to tech support to no avail. The pillows were flat and only 2. Hooters is next door and is noisy.

Room Tip: Not facing Hooters
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen W
Fyzal I, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Good Afternoon:
I am very sorry about your substandard stay with us at the Extended Stay Hotel in Lakewood-West, Colorado. I will pass on the information about the WIFI to upper management as I am hoping for an upgrade in the near future. I am also replacing the aged furniture we have in a few guestrooms and am also implementing some positive changes as well.
If you are ever in the Lakewood area please contact me at 303-275-0840 so I can welcome you back and also for you to give us another chance to fix your previous stay with us.
Thank you again for your stay with us, for your comments and your continued loyalty with Extended Stay Hotels.

Best Regards,

Fyzal Ishahak

Reviewed 20 September 2012

everything was great, but they didn't have any extra pillows. the area was centraly located near alot of restuarants and shopping malls, and a grocery store . the interstate was a few miles away but that really wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. I do apologize that we were unable to provide you with extra pillows; however, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and the amenities we offered on-site.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Staff was helpful and friendly. Room clean but shabby. property needs a MAJOR facelift. This is Lakewood, I would expect better. The city should expect better. Stayed for the kitchen mainly in a suite where there was no bedroom door. Should have an air conditioner in both rooms. Things were missing, but we did get those items. Lighting TERRIBLE in the room. Stairwells completely dark at night. Most guests friendly, but to the staff's credit, they did kick an unruly family out. Plenty of hot water, bath plumbing in good condition. Being there would make me afraid to go there again for fear of what other guests leave behind!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a suite here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank teklamom
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel.  I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff.  Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account.  You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.