“First Time / Great Stay at Crossland Studios Lakewood, Colorado”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I heard some good things about The Crossland Studios in Lakewood from other friends that came to town and stayed there. Things like its inexpensive, good for the money, easy to feel comfortable, and good location. I gave it a shot a few weeks ago. I stayed there for a total of 10 days. Although I was hoping for flat screen TVs and it would be a phenomenal deal if they had updated TVs, I fully enjoyed my stay. I guess they just upgraded their linens, and the kitchen equipped with essentials (and a full refrigerator!), I did not feel I was in a hotel, but moreso an apartment. Housekeeping once a week was a great addition to their services, and the staff was really friendly. Emily behind the desk especially stands out as a must be great asset to the Extended Stay family of hotels.

I was comfortable there and did not feel anything suffered due to the discount pricing. I would definitely stay here again and actually look forward to it. Neighbors were cool too.

Room Tip: I stayed in the upfront part of the building and had great sunlight come through my windows during l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. It is truly a pleasure to be able to provide all of our guests with the comforts of a "home away from home" and it sounds like we were able to do just that. I will pass your great comments onto our staff. Please let us know when you come back again so we can welcome you back!

There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I am in Lakewood for an internship at the Federal Center close-by. Our hotel was booked for us by our internship organization (They pay it but take it out of our internship paycheck), so we had no choice but to stay here. First off, my roommate and I were very excited as this hotel advertises having a pool, and the apartments we moved out of had no pool. I even looked it up on Google Earth and there was indeed a very blue pool. However, we got there, and the place where the pool was on Google Earth had NO TRACE of there ever being a pool there(photos attached). It was nothing but dead grass, and the landscape too natural looking to have been filled in. It was like the Google Earth pool had been modeled and added in the program. I asked the front desk if there was a pool and the guy said no. So to me, that whole thing was very wrongfully deceiving. After that, the next thing we noticed was how slow the internet was. This isn't something THAT bad to be able to complain about, but we soon discovered that the internet would also go out for us several times a day, forcing us to call the support line every time. We thought it would stop eventually, but no. We have been here almost 2 weeks and the internet has gone out for us an average of 4 times a day. I have probably called literally about 30-40 times in the past 10 days we have been here, and each call takes about 20-30 minutes. Once, I was on the phone for an hour and a half, as the person didn't seem to know what she was doing(I should've hung up and called back). The problem every single time is that they have to restart access points, something like that. The people on the line don't even say or do anything about the fact that I've called so much, and I know that they know, as I tell them, and I even have my own case number, which I have obviously memorized by now. How I have the patience for this, I'm not sure. And this is obviously not a simple "turn your wifi on and off" problem, even though they tell me to try that EVERY TIME. And when our internet does work, it is extremely slow(YouTube videos on 360p take forever to buffer, and you can forget about playing them on HD). I can understand slow, but what we had to go through with the calling is insane. Even as I'm typing I'm on the phone right now (I loaded this page and tried surfing on another tab later). This is actually the 5th time I’ve called today since getting home from work 3 hours ago; today is especially bad.

Those two things were enough for me to rate this place a one. But there a few more smaller things. When we got here, the utensils weren't even clean. Also, the area is VERY bad, and there isn't anything to do within walking distance(we have no car here). Also, I don't know if it's just our room, but it's impossible to get the water to a good medium temperature. If it's too cold, we turn it little by little, with no change in temperature, then once we hit a certain point in turning, it suddenly becomes way too hot, and vice versa. Also, the whole place just looks completely run down and as if it's literally falling apart. It's more like a travel inn, not a hotel. Oh and there is a laundry room, but it costs $2 to wash(detergent not included) and another $2 to dry. And they do support a fitness center, but it's not part of the complex; you have to drive to get there. Other than these things, it lives up to the price you pay. But these things I mentioned, especially the first two and especially if you rely a lot on the internet, make it a place to avoid at ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I recently booked this motel with a last minute travel package I purchased, in order to save some money. Believe me, it totally wasn't worth it. I requested a non-smoking room, which reeked of cigarette smoke and upset my allergies. I sneezed most of the time I was there. The air conditioner did not work, the room was hot, and I hardly got any sleep. One thing everyone should know before booking this motel for multiple days is that housekeeping does not service the rooms. Apparently, from what I've read on other reviews, they only clean the rooms once a week or after a guest leaves. From what I understand, if you do want your room cleaned while you're there, they charge a fee for doing so. Not to mention, housekeeping does a very poor job of cleaning the rooms anyway. The rooms are still filthy. When talking about seedy motels, this one meets up to everything that anybody would expect. When I complained about the cigarette smell, the owner actually had the nerve to insult my intelligence by lying to me, saying the smoke came from the vents in the smoking rooms upstairs. When, in fact, the rooms do NOT have vents. Then, he let me use a bottle of Febreeze to spray in the room to attempt to cover up the odor, which only made it worse, and it only lasted for a short time. After I complained about the air conditioning several times, one of the employees moved me to the room next door. AMAZING... All of a sudden, the smell of cigarette smoke disappeared. Apparently, the alleged smoke from the other rooms didn't make it through the "vents" next door. However, not to my surprise, the air conditioning in the other room didn't work either. The room was hot, and I still got very little sleep. I advise anyone trying to save money, to pay $10 or $15 more and stay somewhere else. At least maybe, you'll get a room that clean, where the air conditioner works and doesn't reek of cigarette smoke. Even better, maybe you'll even get a place that serves a free continental breakfast, which this place does not provide. Or, at the very least, by paying a little more, you can find a place where the management is honest. To sum things up, this place should not even be considered a motel. In my book, it is below a one star rating. This place should be demolished and torn down to the ground. The facility is old and far outdated. The owner does not deserve to be in business.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and go somewhere else. Any money you spend on this dump is not worth it!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CBautista

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I apologize for the experience you had during your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff and we reevaluating our inspection process to ensure that your experience is not repeated in the future. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Feedback such as yours helps us improve the service we provide to our guests. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at dlw2@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss further. We would love the opportunity to serve you better should your travels bring you to our area in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Being next-door to Hooters adds to the attraction but the value for the buck, the view from the balcony, the close proximity to the lightrail, and the outside access to the rooms make this extended stay hotel a rare find-- its where the Coloradan's stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the great comments. We are happy to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant stay. I will share your comments with our staff to encourage them to continue to give great customer service to our guest. Thank again for your kinds words. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying at an Extended Stay of Americas hotel (first time was an Extended Stay, second was the Crossland. I guess i have spent a lot of time in longer term hotel because I also stayed at the Intown Suites beforehand Therefore, I have enough experience to compare both hotel companies and properties and have figured out out which is better and the smarter choice. My most recent stay at Crossland Suites in Lakewood was my best stay of all. You get a room for a lower price but wind up getting more than you expect or pay for. Simply stated, the rooms at this hotel are cleaner, bigger, accommodating, and comfortable. If you are staying West of Denver, you can't beat the location. The staff is incredible. From housekeeping to the front desk personnel to the hotel manager Fyzal (I actually became prettty friendly with him) - each member of the staff worked hard for me as a guest and was extremely friendly. All of these things I just mentioned made my budget hotel stay better than what I could of asked for. I definitely recommend. The value and experience is at the Crossland.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Marcelino - Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you are loyal to our brand, especially because we offer spacious, clean hotel rooms at a great rate. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Fyzal.

Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward in hosting you soon, should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We requested a non smoking room. When we got to the room it reeked of smoke and the corner near our door smelled like pee. When we asked the front desk worker, they said the smell was just coming from a near by room. My mother developed a cough because of how bad the air was and by the time we got home every thing we had with us reeked of smoke and had to be washed multiple times. We will never be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The cleanliness and smoke odor issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, we have developed deep cleaning programs for both our interior and exterior areas of the hotel.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dlw2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was having my downstairs to my condo completely renovated and had to vacate my home or a short period of time. I wanted to stay closeby to keep my eye on things and for convenience. The most economical choice was Crossland Economy Hotel in Lakewood. I wanted to save money on my stay but did not want to give up comfort. Immediately, I was pleansantly surprised. Not only were the rooms clean, comfortable, and appealing for the money, I actually had a good time while I was there. My neighbors were cool, and I met a number of other guests I actually became friends with. The staff was top notch....each and every one of them. The manager Fyzal was extremely nice and accommodating with every one of my requests. Emily, service agent at the front desk knew everything about the property and also made sure I had everything I need. I even became friends with the housekeeping woman assigned to my room, Teresa. She was awesome! My stay went quick, and before I knew it I was back in my condo. I easily recommend this hotel to anyone staying short or long periods of time. I had a great experience!

Room Tip: There is a front and back part to the hotel. The front sits right on the main road. I recommend stay...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West? Share your experiences!