“Getting their act together! ”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I've been here since June and I've seen stead improvements being made by the management.
The staff and the maids as well as the maintainance person, Shona, are on top of any problems I've encountered. And the value for price compared to the rest of the extended stay hotels in Denver is right on!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

David - Thank you so much for writing such a great review about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of the updates we have made and our staff's friendly service. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team, especially Shona.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This has to be the absolute worst property I have ever stayed at. I was never taken care of in a manner that was professional or polite. Reviewing my folio, I have determined they over charged me by $890.00. I thought that was happening but the front desk assured me I as misunderstanding it when I asked during my stay. Housekeeping was a joke! When they came the state of mess they left can be clearly seen in the photos I've attached to this review. I say "when" because my room was consistently missed for it's weekly cleaning - by the end of my stay, more weeks went without housekeeping than with. Maintenance... well you should forget about it now. I moved in during the winter and the heat worked for one day. I asked repeatedly for them to turn the heat back on but never got any resolution. It was well below zero outside and well below freezing inside. Absolutely miserable. The heat finally returned to the suite on the same day it hit 80 degrees outside. There are also a significant number of permanent residents at this property - many with children. Expect screaming and the sound of running children at all hours. I hated this stay and feel like I was cheated at ever turn possible. I would not recommend this disgusting hotel to anyone - even an enemy.

Room Tip: The single rooms in the front of the property might be situated such that the children don't han...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I was sorry to hear that we were unable to take care of the issues at our property in a timely manner but rest assured your feedback was very helpful in identifying some areas of improvement. We have been working diligently in improving communication between housekeeping and engineering in making sure we follow up with all issues at our property. I was also concerned to hear that you felt that you were overcharged during your stay please contact the hotel or e-mail me directly so we can review your bill and get this clarified as well.

Thank you very much for completing this review and bringing your experience to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dlw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Most pleased. Great location, nextdoor tothe infamous Hooters,this moderately priced motel is a great value. Having stayed at a great number of hotels I can honestly say that this is one of the very best!

priced extended hotel is a great bargain!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank davidemcclsry
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

David - Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and value. We look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a " pet friendly "hotel with that said there was a lot of dog poop in the small patches of grass that had to be crossed to get to my room. Thank you irresponsible dog owners for not picking this up when you walk your dog. This hotel does not pick this stuff up as well as it has been there a long time. My second impression was I opened the access door to get to the stairs and there were several plastic bags filled with trash stinking in the hallway. special mention goes to all of the people hanging around outside their rooms smoking looking ghetto. As for the room it was clean had a small tube TV that had sound problems the bed was small and not very comfortable. The only good thing I have to say was the young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I don't recommend staying at this dive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nearpar
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Last month I received the best gift ever. Having my kitchen remodeled! I found out almost

immediately that I would go insane if I had to live in the mess with my three kids. I

decided to take the kids to the Crossland Economy Studios in Lakewood Colorado until the

construction was completed. The rooms were roomy with a well equiped kitchenette which

helped to keep us in our budget for meals. The staff was friendly and efficient lead by the

manager Fyzal who always took the time to greet us and make sure we had everything we

needed. The best part for me was that for once I wasn't the one who did all the cleaning.

After a two week stay we returned home to our brand new kitchen.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back allow for less car traffic which means greater safety for families with small chil...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel room and our people. It's great to hear that we could accommodate your home away from home needs for you and your family during the remodel of your house. Please stop in any time when you are in the neighborhood we would love to see pictures of your new kitchen!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Thank heavens for the terrific lady who cleans my room weekly. Her name is Theresa, who I have given the nickname "The Queen of Squeaky Clean". This the only thing that is constant on this property ... but coming back to a clean room is very comforting. As for the internet here, unless you are in the Laundry Room [where one always gets a signal strength of 5 bars] do not expect much - the signal in my room fails at least 5 times per session. I have reported this to Corporate since June 4, 2013 and STILL nothing has been done to correct this situation, not only for me but for many others on this property. For a selection date, it did not allow November, 2008, but that does not surprise me.

Room Tip: For WI-FI, try staying in the Laundry Room - it's the only room that has constant, good receptio...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the great comments about Theresa; however, we apologize that you have been having issues with the internet.

In response to your problem, we have been working with our internet provider to get this resolved and should have an answer for you soon.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dlw2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Title of the review says it all. I had the displeasure of staying here for work my employer made the reservation. Pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke so need a non smoking room all of the rooms should not qualify as non smoking possibly second hand smoke rooms would be a better term. A/C went out frequently often at night the thermostat in the room was above 85 degrees!!! Room was not very clean when I got there but the staff did attempt to clean at the end of the week. Notice I said attempt. At one point I kicked a shoe under the bed by accident, should have left it there rather than see the assorted refuse left there by previous patrons cigarette butts in a non smoking room never!!! Femainine hygiene product wrappers and other debris. Mold in the shower/tub. Over all the room was pretty disgusting. During my stay law enforcement was there on a weekly if not daily basis. Not a hotel I would recommend for a family or a vacation. I do not know who I felt worse for myself or the people who were staying there because the had no other options. On the lighter side most of the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Look some where else unless $ are extremely limited
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business