“Love this Place”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love this Place”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I can not get over all the things you can do here. I love going here for peace and serenity. I also like to go here and fish. Horseback riding is available too. Plus you can catch some sun at the beach which I like to do and go swimming in the specified area. I love water and this is the best place to get some sun and swimming done. Also you can fish too. I did not get a chance to go horseback riding but next trip I will do that. This place is great for exploring nature and feeling connected with nature.

Visited July 2013

124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“Lots to do at this park”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We paid $7 for our car to enter and its well worth it if you plan on spending a few hours to all day looking around. You can go to the beach, walk or hike trails, ride bikes, fish, rent boats, picnic and more. Nice back drop off the mountains and only 2 miles from Red Rocks Ampitheater and that neat little town. There were lots of family parties and reunions going on when we went on a Sunday in Sept. I will post some photos

Visited September 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Best Park in Lakewood”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Purchase an annual pass for the year to save money in January. Especially, if you are a Lakewood resident. They also have nighttime events (outdoor lectures). We are not campers, but hear others love camping there (we are a little older). The park has had many improvements to the visitor center, including the upgrades to the bathrooms/bathhouse at the mini-beach area for the kids to play while you sit and relax under an umbrella. We mainly like to walk our dogs there. They used to have parking outside the gates, but Lakewood realized they could get more revenue by getting rid of the parking lots so you are forced to pay a fee (bummer - but we got used to it). Cyclists can enter the park for free on the trail from Morrison, but not vehicles. Regardless, it has lots of trails for walking, riding that are paved and great). Plenty of picnic areas all around to find you own. It's a quick drive to relax and feel like you are up in the mountains without the long drive.

Visited June 2013
lakewood, co
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sunset beach rocks!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We haven't even tapped all of the fun that Bear Creek Lake Park offers, but the beach is a highlight for everyone in our family. Pack a picnic dinner, beach toys, chairs for the adults, swim stuff for the kiddos and some sunscreen, and you'll have an excellent late afternoon blast! My husband sometimes joins us there after work; other times we head there in the mornings. You can never go wrong... unless bad weather rolls in. Clean bathrooms, a snack shop, playground and a few trails for wandering when you need to stir things up... FYI, We've never headed to the snack shop, as we've brought in everything we've needed.

Visited June 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 295 helpful votes
“Bear Creek Park for atheles is perfect”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you're a cyclist, runner, walker, or a golfer, this park is perfect for you! There are miles and miles of paved walk for you to cycle to your heart's content, incuding some epic hills, long downhills and plenty of pretty shaded by ways near the creek. Perfect areas for family picnics and easy days. Runners love it as well, walkers fit right in. If you're no athlete you'll be perfectly happy here too as there are lots of places to simply veg. This is where I train- and it's a fantastic place for it. The gorgeous mountains are always in sight, the weather is perfect nearly all year, and there is enough sunshine and shade to dapple the walkway to make it interesting all the way around the park. As I live here all year, this is my home base so I'm a little prejudiced- come use this park and come to love it like I do!

Visited July 2013