“NEVER have a party here”

Best Western Denver Southwest
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Denver, Colorado
“NEVER have a party here”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here once and had a lovely stay. I then thought it would be a great place to have a party and tried to plan one here. They were so difficult to work with that I had to find a new venue with in two weeks of the party. Their event planning staff is utterly incompetent. NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES plan a party here.We made multiple requests over the span of several weeks (like "send us a beer list") and they were never complied with, and then were told things like "i need a beer list by 10am" at 9 am. We were lied to about what they could offer months ago when we booked the party, and when we found out less than 2 weeks before the event and tried to come up with a solution to it, and there was no offer to do anything to make the situation any better (not even an offer of a small discount on the room rental fee). Every single one of my guests had a horrible time getting their room booked in the block. I tried politely to ask about this a few times and was met with rude, terse, and snarky responses about how they should just leave a message (they all did leave messages, multiple messages in some cases and were never called back). The good news is that at least 5 of our guests don't have to cancel their room because they were never successfully able to book a room in the first place, despite having tired for multiple weeks. DO NOT HAVE YOUR PARTY AT THIS HOTEL

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Gillette
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Overall an enjoyable stay and a very good value. The staff was very pleasant and responsive. The made-to-order omelettes are a very nice touch and appreciated. The quality of the coffee at b'fast was very good. The 2 queen bed room was new, clean, large, quiet, bright and airy. Parking is free and ample. You can walk to a Circle K for cheap tall boys and sodas. Good asian restaurant in walking distance. Couple of minor nits: 1. There was no fresh coffee or cookies as promised in the lobby on the Saturday night that we stayed. 2. We had a minor in-room internet connectivity problem with apple products which we had to resolve ourselves. Apple fans be ready to troubleshoot. We had no issues with non-apple products. 3. The pool heater was broken making the pool too cold for adults to enjoy. Our kids tolerated it but there was no repair done during our stay. They spent their time in the hot tub which also was cooler than expected though more tolerable. 4. There was not enough attention given to the non-omelette breakfast area as the fruit and yoghurt was empty the entire time we were at breakfast, though there was no staff available to inform/request refills.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

uncertain, tx
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was very clean, décor was very interesting, kids would love the sand lot play area. I was upset with the check in person, as she was inattentive , and very slow. I waited several minutes while she couldn't be bothered with acknowledge me. By the time I was checked in there were several persons waiting to be served. I disagree with their practice of charging $50 deposit when I paid cash for the room, and having to wait for it to released back to my bank by the motel.
The breakfast was very good and location was good for getting to the Harley Davidson dealership.

Room Tip: The room we had was very cramped(1 king)bath water was hard to keep hot, and deposit when paying cas...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
rio de janeiro
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

the first of all , when we came to do the check in , there was nobody at the lobby , we had to wait about 5 minutos. the lady called Samantha was absolutely impolite to answer my questions . But , that's ok ! Then I went to my room carrying my bags because there's no elevator ... then I saw my room . The bathroom is the smallest and my bad had coffee spilled and the bad clothes looked really old ... But , that's ok again ! Then I try to connect the internet with my iPhone and that didn't work .. So I went to the lobby to ask the lady Samantha and she only sad that the wifi at the hotel is not able to connect to apple advices .. I was shocked and sad that this way I would not stay . So , she sad in this words : "ok, goodbye " and gave me back my money . Is this place a really best western ? To complete , the hotel was full of trash everywhere , pizza boxes , Gatorade .. And things like that

• Stayed April 2014
Near Seattle Wa
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First things first, the room was clean, attractive, and comfortable. The dinosaur decor in the lobby was striking, and really well-done - not campy, not over-the-top, just interesting and a fun change from the typical. The breakfast included an omelet bar, which was a bonus for me since I have to eat gluten-free.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Granger, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel and staff were wonderful, Nicole checked us in and could not have been more pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and nicely set up, we enjoyed the pool and the fitness center. The location was great with easy access to everything. The only reason I gave the sleep quality a VG was because the pillows were of a smaller size, and it was hard for me to get comfortable. But the beds were comfortable. I would highly recommend staying at this Best Western. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Springfield
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hotel clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. No elevator, so weary travelers with a lot of carry-in, beware. Fitness center could use a few more devices, and updates on what is there. Staff, friendly and accommodating. No other complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo