“I Loved This Place”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Eustis, Florida
“I Loved This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

After the not-so-friendly treatment we received at the Ft Collins Holiday Inn the previous few nights, this place was just what we needed.
The room was comfy and clean. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was really nice too.
I love the outside patio areas and picnic tables. Food is close by as well as shopping. The bus stop is right out front and is cheap and nice to use. We took the bus all the way to DIA and it was only $16 for the two of us.
This hotel has a cool decor theme with dinosaurs everywhere. Really cool, like something out of a movie. The prices here are also pretty nice.
The staff were really great and made us feel welcome and at home. Unlike some other hotels...

Room Tip: No elevators, so stay downstairs if that is a concern.
1 Thank charles b
RaeLinM, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
It puts a smile my face to read your comment about our front desk staff making you feel at home.
That is our goal! I am excited to here that you loved your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you for choosing us for your hotel stay.

rmurray@bestwesterndenver.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Woodland Park, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I will start by saying that the hotel was pretty nice, as far as cleanliness and decor are concerned. Additionally, they were flexible about giving us the discounted room rate for a block of rooms that had been reserved for a wedding, even though we reserved the room well past the discount deadline. We were very appreciative of that.

Aside from those two tidbits, we couldn't have been more frustrated with our experience. To begin, when my husband was calling to make the reservation, he had to call 5 times before he actually got through to somebody. Every other time he tried, either nobody answered at all, or somebody answered, transferred him to another line, then nobody answered. It was a huge waste of time.

On the day that we were going to check in, he called to see if there was any way we could check in early in order to get showered and ready for the wedding we were attending. He received a very terse response, saying that because of a shortage of housekeepers, "that would be impossible." We arrived at 3:30 (regular check in is at 3:00), and my husband was told that the room wasn't ready. He explained that we needed to get in as soon as possible because we needed to get ready for the wedding. They basically said there was nothing they could do...the room wasn't ready. After he came out to the car and reported this to me, I came in and explained (again) that we needed to get into a room in order to get showered and ready for the wedding. Somehow, they suddenly had a room ready to give to us. We were glad, but were also annoyed that it was a problem in the first place. Additionally, listening to two voices chatting in the back office the entire time we were checking in, I couldn't help but wonder why they didn't have all hands on deck getting rooms ready since they were so behind schedule.

Last, the breakfast was a bit disappointing. Half of the items that were supposed to be there had empty plates/bowls (fruit, pastries, biscuits), and even though the made-to-order omelette bar was a pleasant surprise, the omelettes were the skimpiest I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure they were one-egg omelettes. We came down at 7:45, so it's not like we were at the tail end of breakfast...not sure why there was so little food.

But again, the room was very nice. If you have all the patience in the world for a place that seems to be understaffed and poorly managed, then you'll probably do just fine here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We have a head housekeeper that has been here for years and she takes great pride in her job.
unfortunately she was short staffed and three managers were helping with cleaning rooms.
Like I said we have been short staffed and I do apologize that your husband had to call 5 times before he was able to claim a room. I will be training the front desk on groups so issues like this will not happen in the future. I am very sorry that your experience with us was not at the highest of standards. We are making improvements by double staffing all departments and I hope you will visit us in the future so you can see our improvements. Thank you for choosing us for your hotel stay.

Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We thought this hotel was perfect after a concert at Red Rocks. Very clean, all new decor. My husband loved looking at the dinosaur bones displayed everywhere (he did complain they mixed in Ice Age wrongly). We went in the hot tub/pool and it was very nice and very clean. We had a delicious fresh made to order omelette for breakfast, but at 8 am they had run out of half the optional ingredients, and the other breakfast items were needing to be refilled. They do need to up their game on maintaining the breakfast. Also our room didn't have a bathtub, just something to be aware of. Would definitely stay here again after another concert.

1 Thank bronco1977
Thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs!
I do agree that we need to up our game in the breakfast room.
We are double staffing Breakfast to keep up with the high volume of people.
We are just 8 miles from Red Rocks and it's a great place for concerts.
We hope you see you in the future.

Sturgis, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband, son and I booked a room here two weeks prior to our arrival and were excited to stay. We arrived at the hotel around 5:30 PM and were checked into a dirty room. Went back down to get that strait and the woman at the front desk only complained to us how she needed help at night and there were only 2 houskeepers working that day (neither excuse was our concern or business...very unprofessional). She tried to check us into another room...same story. All the while we are hauling our luggage around. We went back to the lobby and there was a gentleman there complaining that he had been there since Sunday and his room hadn't been cleaned or restocked since (it was Wednesday). We decided that even if we did end up with a clean room, how could we trust that it would be clean? Or that we would get what we needed? Paying that much money and driving for 7 hours I expected more. We ended up deciding to leave and not stay. I do not recommend staying at this hotel. Your hotel is going to go out of business if you do not do something to remedy your situation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandy M
Rae Lin M, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are working as I am writing this to resolve the issues that we had this past weekend. I do apologize for the situation that happened upon your arrival. Thank you for making us aware of the situation. We want all of our guest to have a great impression of us and I am very sorry that we failed you. I hope in the future you will decide to visit us.

Olathe, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Best Western Denver Southwest, Lakewood, Colorado. The staff were friendly and anxious to help with any concerns that were presented. The room was newly remodeled, very fresh and clean along with well detailed. The towels were new soft and fluffy which were so inviting after a long day. The flat screen TV was excellent for viewing from the bed or the cozy chair. The breakfast was excellent with made to order omletes which were delicious. I would also like to recommend Nicole for the next level in management as she is a true professional who is obviously ready to take on more responsibilities for your company. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Vicky M
We here at the Best Western Denver Southwest in Lakewood Colorado are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It's also great to hear that guest feel that we have a JEWEL! We hope to see you in the future.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We loved our room, it was clean and roomy! The TV had kid channels which was great. The pool was probably the best pool we have been in in quite a while, I was worried bc it was outdoors--but it was warm and just great! I do agree with the other reviewers the front desk staff, girl with medium length dark hair was horribly rude. My husband burned his hand on the waffle machine, while removing the waffle and the lid slammed closed on his hand. He just went to ask for burn cream bc he had a huge burn, and she was very rude saying how everyone was just operating it wrong and it was his fault he got burned. We travel a lot and have used several of these waffle makers--never has the lid slammed on our hand?! The machine seems to be missing a part. Not a big deal, if she would have just nicly given him the burn cream. No need to be so rude. But the maids and other staff were pretty nice--front desk, not so much.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I am very happy that you enjoyed the swimming pool, we wanted the pool built because we knew it was the most unique pool in the area. We do take pride in our cleanliness. The front desk staff will be going back through major customer service training so I apologize. I have investigated this situation, we will removed the waffle iron until the company sends us a new one.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Do not stay here. It is not worth the money at all. Even if you complain to the management about how rude the staff is, you will get no resolution or apologies. It is terrible!!! The pool is nice, but the breakfast is not great, the staff is so rude to include management. Worst experience at a hotel ever!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sarah0629
Rae Lin M, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi Sarah,
I do apologize,this is not exceptable! Please give me a call and tell me which manager you spoke with that would not resolve your issues. I really need to know in order to fix the issues. I do not want any of our guest feeling like nothing is resolved, that is an unpleasant feeling.
Things are being restructured and peoples positions are being eliminated.

Best Western Denver Southwest in Lakewood