“My All Time Favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Evergreen, Colorado
“My All Time Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have been a regular at this restaurant since they opened. My wife and I are from the same neighborhood in Chicago that Joe, Diane and the rest of the family are from. The food is probably not the most healthful, but it is the most delicious. My brother loves the "wet" vienna beef, but I can never get past the true Chicago style hot dogs. It is always nice to see the Chicago memorabilia and newspapers. I may be biased, but I love this place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Palatine, Illinois
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

What a treat to have this restaurant close to family. Staff is warm and friendly. Chicago newspapers available. All the comforts of Chicago, dogs, beef fannie mae candy, Jay's chips.Luann is warm, friendly, and funny. Restaurant is large and clean, easy parking. Lots of memorabilia to browse while waiting and after eating.

• Visited March 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Would be 4 stars for the...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2008

Would be 4 stars for the food, but the owners are kind of obnoxious Chicagoans. One of those types of restaurants that thinks rude and obnoxious is a charming attribute that makes the food taste better. Great Chicago Dogs and Hot Beef Sandwiches.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, CA
“Not even Close to the Real Chicago”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2007

My friends and I, from Chicago, decided to try Denver's "Chicago" restaurant. To our horror and disappointment, the place was dingy and run-down, and could have been cleaner. The service was very, very slow. The food was nothing special, and the staff was bizarre and unfriendly. The only seemingly normal person there was a teenage boy. One staff member, the woman who took our food order, yelled at me when I asked for a napkin. She said "Now what do you want?". I hadn't asked her for anything except the napkin. Then, another woman was walking around like a zombie, with the entire top of her head shaved, with long unruly hair hanging down. she had a dull, blank look on her face, as if she just had a labotomy or brain surgery. We wished she had worn a baseball hat to cover up her bald head. Frankly, she made us loose our appetites. The only thing of interest was the memorabilia and the Chicago newspapers and publications, and even those were old, worn-out and messy. This was "Chicago" at its worst.

2 Thank Garrance