“Not even Close to the Real Chicago”

Chicago Style Beef and Dogs
Ranked #42 of 390 Restaurants in Lakewood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, CA
“Not even Close to the Real Chicago”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2007

My friends and I, from Chicago, decided to try Denver's "Chicago" restaurant. To our horror and disappointment, the place was dingy and run-down, and could have been cleaner. The service was very, very slow. The food was nothing special, and the staff was bizarre and unfriendly. The only seemingly normal person there was a teenage boy. One staff member, the woman who took our food order, yelled at me when I asked for a napkin. She said "Now what do you want?". I hadn't asked her for anything except the napkin. Then, another woman was walking around like a zombie, with the entire top of her head shaved, with long unruly hair hanging down. she had a dull, blank look on her face, as if she just had a labotomy or brain surgery. We wished she had worn a baseball hat to cover up her bald head. Frankly, she made us loose our appetites. The only thing of interest was the memorabilia and the Chicago newspapers and publications, and even those were old, worn-out and messy. This was "Chicago" at its worst.

2 Thank Garrance