“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 240 Union

240 Union
Ranked #2 of 390 Restaurants in Lakewood
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakewood, Colorado
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I went to 240 Union to celebrate a special event with some girlfriends over lunch. I was looking for a "nicer" place in Lakewood to have lunch and 240 Union definitely fit the bill. The food was excellent, we especially enjoyed the oysters. We also enjoyed a nice Tempranillo off their $24 bottle list. Overall, the food, service and ambiance are excellent. It's good to have a restaurant of this caliber in Lakewood!

Morrison, Colorado, United States
“Creative Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

240 Union is a creative grill serving mouthwatering plates that will dazzle all of your senses! Considered a 4 star restaurant the prices are mid to high level but the food keeps pace with the pricing. I highly recommend the Pork Chop w/green onion risotto drizzled with a plum wine & pistachio reduction. Incredible but then again so are all of their other entrees!!! The owner Michael is always around and more than gracious when meeting his patrons.

• Visited July 2013
Mid-Atlantic
“Excellent! (don't let the location fool you)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ok, they could charge maybe 10% more per dish, and have a nicer location- but once you get inside, the décor is great. I am not sure if eating on the patio area would be as nice, though- in fact, as we drove up and parked head in, our headlights seemed to catch the patrons sitting there off-guard (no, we did not have our brights on...)

I had the whole Idaho trout, which is something you likely won't find much on the east coast; it was very nicely done and presented well. My wife had 2 apps for dinner- grouper sliders (they were fried) and the quinoa salad. Our server recommended Hahn Pinot Noir- not the least expensive option, but a good taste. The mark up was fair, also.

So if the first impression as you drive up matters- maybe a first time client meeting, or a first date- maybe consider somewhere else. Otherwise, I think this is the best Lakewood has to offer, and the best meal I have had in the area.

Denver, Colorado
“High quality food, service, prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

240 Union might be the best restaurant in lakewood-- too bad its in a mini-mall. Having said that, the wine selection is excellent, the food is surprising and good, the service is well above par. But this is a dress-up place, and not a place for young adults who want to have fun-- enjoying the finer things is serious business here.

Visited June 2013
Thornton, Colorado
“One of my Favorite Places Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have reviewed this restaurant before and I always love to go back. The food and the service is just wonderful. We went on Mother's Day which is always a little crazy for a restaurant ... but we went at 3pm ... perfect time to go. It was not too busy and we got to linger and really enjoy our meal. We started with Oysters on the half shell, not too watery, very good. We also had deviled eggs, which at 240 they put some horseradish in them so they have a bit of a punch, I like that. I had a delicious Lamb with mashed potatoes and peas ... excellent. Of course the wine selection is terrific and great beers on tap too. My husband loves the Estrella from Spain.

1 Thank millerfun