“Not very busy but great food and great service! Great FIND!”
Review of Namaste Restaurant

Namaste Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 12 November 2011

There is an Indian restaurant we went to once in Belmar, but Namaste is a lot more convenient because parking is right there and you don't have to battle crowds on evenings and weekends. There aren't very many people there anytime we go but I am not sure why because everything I have eaten there is fantastic and the service is great too. Water is filled constantly and staff check on you often to make sure you are enjoying your food and that you don't need anything. I had the tandoori chicken kabobs on my last visit and the chicken was very tender and fed me for two meals and my boyfriend for one meal. A lot of food! Give it a try.

1  Thank Mesa_Eater
There are newer reviews for Namaste Restaurant

Reviewed 22 October 2011

Been going here for years, and for being a little strip mall joint, its really pretty good. Good quality food, polite staff. I've had better food there than some of the fancy Indian places around downtown.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I go here at least once a week, usually for a buffet lunch on the weekend, but sometimes for a dinner on a weeknight. Occasionally my son, who is the pickiest kid ever but likes tandoori chicken, will grace us with his presence, too. The buffet at $9 is a great value and suits anybody's diet preferences because they always have naan, rice, one vegetarian appetizer (yesterday it was potato pakora, yum), at least 2 vegetarian entrees and 3-5 meat entrees, plus a full salad bar. I am a vegetarian, but my husband is a raving carnivore, so he appreciates that there is always tandoori chicken plus something else with chicken in a sauce. When we get dinner, I usually get veggie chow chow or momo (which are both Nepalese) and my husband gets one of the curries. I have introduced at least 5 people to Indian food at this restaurant because I think its the best on the west side of town and the people are so nice. The staff there (a large extended family from Nepal) knows us by name and always come over especially to great us. The dining room could be more atmospheric, but really, this is a great little spot in a strip mall, so I don't expect chandeliers and imported indian tapestry on the walls that adorn more upscale restaurants. I am happy in a family oriented restaurant with good food and good service, not to mention good prices.

2  Thank Mahjarunner
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Have eaten here about 6 times in the past 6 years. The food is just ok, but it is close by. Today, my wife and I ate here. I ordered a "TOP SHELF" margarita that the drink menu at the table states" made with Corazon tequila and Cointreau", I watched it made with Margaritaville tequila (an inferior not 100% agave tequila) and rot-gut Juarez triple-sec. When I questioned I was told by the bartender that she made the drink according to her recipe card. Another employee who I assumed to be the manager said they were all out of Corazon. This is a very dishonest and probley illegal act. If you go DO NOT order a mixed drink.

3  Thank FXTIP
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 January 2008

Watery masala tea, so-so food, and too-high prices. Try Royal India instead.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook