“Pizza is a gamble”

Anthony's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #239 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My husband and I have been ordering from here for around 10 years and the pizza has been pretty much the same: pretty good. We like it because we get coupons from the back of our King Soopers receipts for pizza and wings and the pizza you get is an 18" and the wings are pretty good, for a decent price. The downside of their pizza is if you order for delivery, it can take up to 1-1 1/2 hours for it to arrive and when it does, you either get cold pizza or pizza that is luke warm. When ordering pick-up, the pizza is always hot! The girls that they have answering the phones always seem to be crabby and so do the chefs, maybe they are trying to mimic the NY attitude but it gets old. Otherwise, their pizza is pretty good and so are the wings.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Great thin crust pizza. Tasty and quick service! The large will feed a family of 4. We typically go for a yummy cheese pizza.....delish!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Pizza delivery was decent. Good, thin crust and tasty sauce. I hate sweet pizza sauce and this wasn't! Delivery was super quick, half the time I was quoted on the phone. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

To be fair, I'm not much of a fan of NY style pizza to begin with, though there have been exceptions. Anthony's pizza is average NY pizza to me, sort of on the greasy side, and too much naked crust. It does have a pretty good flavor aside from the grease and crust issues. The cheesebread is good, but the actual sizes of the peices you get varies greatly, and sometimes it seems a bit skimpy on the cheese. It annoys me that they don't have any unsweetend beverages other than water (at least on my previous visits). Service at the counter is usually friendly, and the place has a very relaxed atmosphere. There are better options for me in the area, but if you're a fan of NY style pizza you might like it.