“Dirty booths and tables”
Review of California Pizza Kitchen - CLOSED

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We have eaten here a few times and it was always pretty good. But on our visit in July, we were seated at a booth that was dirty and the seats wet. When I pointed this at to the waiteress, she seated us at another booth, it too was dirty and the seats wet. When I complained again, She seeemed to think it was humerous.I looked at the booth across from theses and It too was dirty, the busser was just pushing all the food/crumbs onto the seats and to end end of the table and then placing the salt, pepper etc in front to hide it. What a disgusting place. I asked for the manager, When he arrived he apologized and stated they had been swamped and were doing their best, Well, maybe this job is just too much responsibility for a manager who looked all of 19 years old. In any case, we left and won't be back, If that is their standards in the front of the restaurant I wonder what is going on in the kitchen. Makes me appreciate Chipoltle and Garbanzo where the food is prepared in front. Also, if you are looking for great healthy food the area go to the new MOD MARKET or GARBANZOS both better, cleaner and cheaper.

1  Thank FXTIP

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We eat here a lot with our kids. Pizza and salads are very good. Not sure why the twonbad reviews online. Pretty much the same as all the other pizza kitchens

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Incredible salads and good wine selection in a casual atmosphere. Stopped in for dinner with family and had the Caramelized Peach salad with grilled chicken. My wife and I shared a bottle of J Lohr Cab. Have eaten at this location and others and always find the staff friendly and accomodating and the food consistently great. We are in our late 50s, she is a vegan and I eat anything not moving....enjoy!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I've been to other CPK's around the Denver area and have been very satisfied with the food and the service. The CPK at Park Meadows Mall is exceptionally good.

But the CPK located in the Colorado Mills Mall is exceptionally bad. I had my two 20 something sons with me who'll eat anything and lots of it. Even they weren't happy with the food or our server. Service was slow and our waitress definitely not friendly - even tipping the scales into rude.

I would not recommend the CPK at Colorado Mills Mall to anyone.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We ate here prior to attending a movie so we asked if being out the door in a little over an hour was possible. The hostess said "yes" and we were seated immediately.

My wife and I had pizza and our kids had macaroni and cheese. Before our dinner arrived another hostess brought a complimentary appetizer to our table saying it was a new menu item they were trying. Also, our server overheard our daughter talking about her birthday (which was that night) and brought out an ice cream sundae for our daughter.

All of the food was great and all of the staff we encountered from the hostess to our server (to the other servers who had to dodge my son getting in their way as he meandered towards the bathroom--whoops) were great as well. We made it to the movie theater in plenty of time; I'm looking forward to going back sometime in the near future.

P.S. I see a review from GalaxyTravlr that's rather negative. I don't know why my experience was completely different but as far as price is concerned, this place seemed quite reasonable given the quality of the food, servers, and atmosphere (excellent, all three).