“slow service-do not have gluten free pizza "down" yet”
Review of California Pizza Kitchen - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Lahaina, Hawaii
“slow service-do not have gluten free pizza "down" yet”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I heard that CPK was now serving gluten free pizza and they were taking great precautions to avoid cross-contamination, etc. My family planned a trip to our closest location to check this out. My two children and I all have Celiac Disease, so we are super excited when we can eat out safely. Upon arriving, we looked for these gluten free pizzas on a menu- nope, not there. We asked our server about them and she told us that any pizza can be made gluten free. I don't think this is the case from what I saw on their website and what I read on about ten various articles. They have specific toppings that are GF. Sigh. I couldn't recall what they were since I thought that the location would have this under control (I had even called this specific location in advance to make sure).
We tried to go safe with mushrooms and sausage. Perhaps the sausage was not a safe choice in hindsight? We checked out three tables to see if they had gluten free pizza menus and they did not. I suppose we should have checked a fourth because the family next to us had a GF menu out and were ordering from it as we left.
I think you can see where this is heading...We became ill within 15 minutes of eating that pizza. It tasted fairly good though. Is it worth trying again? Not for us. I'm still sick (a day later). It's just not worth the pain.
I will mention that it took us almost a full hour to get our one pizza. That's all we ordered.

• Visited March 2014

Salida, Colorado, United States
“Young female staff needs training”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

One hostess repetitively called my infant a girl (he's a boy!) while the other hostess clumsily ran into my family several times and was very ditzy! Our server was Elizabeth that is apparently unaware you cannot put anything in front of a child sitting in a high chair. We even had to grab the hot plates sat in front of him! Some other examples were full glasses of beverages and a glass bottle of beer! I was surprised that she couldn't take a minute to be attentive and asked us if we needed anything while walking by (did not stop) I will say that her tip reflected her service but probably just said we were jerks instead of making any changes for the positive.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MrsSBaker
Evergreen, Colorado
“trying something different”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were quite surprised that CPK was so good. Haven't eaten here in years. I would say that the food is great. The wine list is okay. Price is about the same as others places in the area. Our waiter Collin was awesome. The atmosphere was a bit dated. I think that they could make this a more contemporary place. Yes we would come back.

• Visited January 2014
Arvada, Colorado
“Good Food and Servcie”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is a good chain - and this location matched what we expect from them. I would not go out of my way to go to this location. However, we have gone out of our way to visit the Flat Irons location. We get amazing service there. We ask for Danielle when we go - and she is not always available. The entire team is pretty great.

Visited October 2013
“Dirty booths and tables”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We have eaten here a few times and it was always pretty good. But on our visit in July, we were seated at a booth that was dirty and the seats wet. When I pointed this at to the waiteress, she seated us at another booth, it too was dirty and the seats wet. When I complained again, She seeemed to think it was humerous.I looked at the booth across from theses and It too was dirty, the busser was just pushing all the food/crumbs onto the seats and to end end of the table and then placing the salt, pepper etc in front to hide it. What a disgusting place. I asked for the manager, When he arrived he apologized and stated they had been swamped and were doing their best, Well, maybe this job is just too much responsibility for a manager who looked all of 19 years old. In any case, we left and won't be back, If that is their standards in the front of the restaurant I wonder what is going on in the kitchen. Makes me appreciate Chipoltle and Garbanzo where the food is prepared in front. Also, if you are looking for great healthy food the area go to the new MOD MARKET or GARBANZOS both better, cleaner and cheaper.

• Visited July 2013