“Not the worst, not the best - average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wapakoneta, Ohio
“Not the worst, not the best - average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I deducted one star for the dismal breakfast offering. It is the bare minimum. A breakfast sandwich to toss in the microwave, a waffle maker, or cereal.
I deducted the other star for arriving with my wife and 2 kids, and having just 2 towels and washcloths in the room. I understand it's procedures. Some brands automatically stock all rooms with 2 each, some go with 3 each. But when I make a reservation and have to tell them that there is 4 in our party, I expect them to adjust the number of towels to accommodate each member in our party. To me it's like a waitress sitting down a party of 4 at a table with only 2 silverware settings and waiting for you to ask for the other 2.
Other than those two strikes, the staff was very friendly, and helpful. The place looked and smelled brand new. I didn't find any problem with "thin walls" as others have stated, but maybe no one was in the rooms on each side of me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Barbara D, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We were so happy to read that the staff was super friendly and overall you liked the hotel and it was quiet for a good night’s sleep. We do have a full extended Continental Breakfast with donuts, bagels, yogurts with many varieties for toppings, breakfast sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, cereals, waffle station and one alternating hot item that switches out throughout the week. We have taken the towel situation as a learning opportunity and are making the changes to future reservations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Due to an unexpected medical emergency (altitude sickness is no joke!), my husband and I booked a room at this very new hotel in Lakewood. My husband looked for the hotel closest to St. Anthony's and the Home2, right around the corner, completely fit the bill and then some. The room was very large with a curtain room divider thoughtfully provided to help block out noise and light (handy if we'd had a guest in the sofabed). The front desk was kind enough to let us have a late check out, as well. We didn't use any of the amenities inside the room, but enjoyed the complimentary breakfast the next morning. Nothing fancy--about what you find at most Hiltons of this caliber. Everything was very clean and very new--if our travels took us back to Lakewood for whatever reason, I'm sure we'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review. We are so sorry that you ended up with Altitude sickness. It’s awful and can be a bit scary too. We are so happy to hear that the hotel was convenient to where you needed to be and the staff was helpful especially during this time. It was pleasing to read that you really liked the hotel and we are so happy we would be your choice once again when you travel to the area.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

100% satisfied. I liked how i checked out late friday and you took off friday night for me. Business hotel stay and first time staying in a Home2Suites. Brooke was awesome. I have an MBA and worked in pharmaceutical sales so i know a quality hotel when i stay in one. I would stay again and will because my corporation is headquartered a block away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the review. Thank you for the compliments about Brooke, she is terrific and always will to help. The convenient location is ideal and so easy to get around. We hope we will be your choice again when you travel into the area.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This seems to be a very new hotel. The rooms are a bit bland. We stayed 2 nights in a one bedroom suite to visit family in the nearby suburbs. The one bedroom suite is very spacious in comparison to the standard suites (we had additional family staying at the hotel). The price for the upgrade is well worth the $20 a night difference. The bathroom was not as clean as would be expected, as we found many long black hairs on the shower and bathroom sink. Very good breakfast is included daily, but beware there is no housekeeping on weekends. We did notice the strong smell of marijuana in the halls on the first floor each night we stayed. Although there are not standout features for this hotel, I would stay here again if the price is right and you have a need to be in the Golden/Lakewood area.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. We are the newest hotel I the area and the first Home2 Suites brand in the state of Colorado. It was great that to read that you enjoyed all of the great complimentary amenities that the hotel has to offer. We have taken the opportunity to re-train the team members in our Housekeeping Department to correct any issues. We also know as a brand our cleaning schedule is a little different than some other brands, so to better communicate how it works we have more information about it placed in each suite. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area and thank you for choosing us.
Syracuse, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I am literally staying in this hotel as I am typing this review. We checked in yesterday evening and asked the front desk which floor would be the quietest. He was polite and helpful, and told us the top floor would be quietest. The first night was quiet and restful. The elevator broke down, and we had to hike up and down four flights of steps a few times, but they had the issue taken care of pretty fast and our first night was ok. But Boy, oh boy was he wrong on the second night! It seems that, even as we speak, the neighbors in the room next to us, or below us (I can't tell) are completely drunk, loud and throwing a party in their room. My husband has called the front desk and the clerk said he would take care of it....nope...here we are two and a half hours later and the noise continues. I'm tired. I just want to sleep with out the craziness. I mean, don't get me wrong. We all love a good time. But it's 1:01 a.m. And I'm done!! We stayed out of the city so we could avoid the party scene. Heck, we have even selected a business type hotel for that very reason as well. So now, I get to wake up and drive 9 hours on no sleep. Awesome. Thanks for the help front desk.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Barbara D, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you didn’t have the best experience at the Home2 Suites. We understand how important it is to resolve issues and have used this and a training opportunity. Our General Manager has implemented new procedures to help resolve this in the future. We do appreciate you staying with us and hope to have a second chance to show you that we are a great choice.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at Home2Suites because my elderly mom was having surgery at nearby St. Anthony Hospital. The hotel was totally booked during several nights of my stay so I was concerned it might be noisy. However, it was a quiet and very relaxing place to return to after many long days at the hospital. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for review of the Home2 Suites in Lakewood, Colorado. We were pleased to read that you had a great experience at our new hotel and that your destination was so convenient for you. We know you have other options in the area for lodging and really appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very nice, clean and roomy suite, friendly staff. They are pet friendly, and there is a place to walk your dog nearby. The breakfast room was pleasant and had a nice variety of food. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the review and the recommendation of the Home2 Suites in Lakewood, Colorado. Spacious suites are great when you are traveling and being pet friendly gives you the option to travel with your favorite furry friend. We are surrounded by many trails and hope you were able to take advantage o f those while you were here. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center? Share your experiences!