“The BEST Thai food around!”
Review of Star Thai

Star Thai
Ranked #61 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This place is an adorable hole-in-the-wall restaurant owned and operated by a Thai couple. I've only had the opportunity to meet the gentleman owner, who is exceedingly sweet and attentive. The food here is consistently amazing. The Pad Thai is flavorful and delicious, and both the veggie salad and green papaya salad are amazing. I've tried all of the curries on the menu with the Massaman and Panang being the best. I don't care for the one that lacks coconut milk, though the name escapes me. The chicken satay and spring rolls are also wonderful. We typically order our meals "hot" and the papaya salad "medium," which results in the perfect amount of spice. We've never dared order the "thai hot," though! Their fried banana dessert is nice too, but it's better for sharing since it is quite sweet. This place has the most consistently delicious Thai food, which is why we visit it weekly. Be warned, though--once you've had their food, you'll never enjoy your old favorite Thai restaurants again!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

While visiting a friend we decided to order in some Thai. This was amazing take out, can't even imagine how it would be in the restaurant!!! We tried rice dishes (veg and non veg), Chicken Pad Thai and Cheese Wonton. Every rocked and delivery was pretty quick for lunch time. Definitely recommend mild or hot, not super hot which may hurt some people.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have never 'eaten in', only collect or delivery. The food has the flavour profiles you would expect from restaurants in the price range, good, not great. The food is solid, but I have had better and paid much more for the privilege.
Highly recommended for delivery.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I have no complaints. I love the food, it is very tasty!
The waiter there is excellent, very friendly and personable.
The price is very reasonable for what you're getting. The food is perfectly cooked to what you wish it to be. I love getting the Star Thai Noodles.
This is definently one of the best Thai food restaurants around!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I love Thai food, tried several restaurants in several locations, and this Star Thai is our keep. The strip mall didn't look so good, we were wondering if we still wanted to try this restaurant, but, we were so glad that we did! Smaller sized restaurant with no decorative Thai interior, not fancy, but, felt very at home, and the owner was very friendly and great service. We order 3 dishes from lunch menu, smaller serving, but, well prepared, great value for the prices(around $7 each). We love spicy food, and this restaurant gave us enough heat.

1  Thank Hiroko R