“The best Thai I ever had!”
Review of Star Thai

Star Thai
Ranked #58 of 391 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was introduced to Star Thai by a veteran who had been stationed in Thailand for a few years. He told me that this was one of the most authentic Thai restaurants he has found. Having never been to Asia, I have to take his word for it.

What I do know is that I absolutely LOVE the food! When I lived in Lakewood, I visited or called in a carry out order every two to three weeks. Now that I moved away, I often find myself craving the chicken pad thai (my favorite). No other Thai restaurant that I have found since makes pad thai anywhere near as well. :( If I ever get back to Lakewood, Star Thai will be one of the first places I stop. I still have their phone number programmed into my cell just in case!!!

Don't let the appearance of the restuarant fool you! It may look a bit sketchy but it trully is a diamond in the rough and the owners are fantastic and friendly people.

There are newer reviews for Star Thai

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Delicious homemade Thai food cooked fresh by a Thai family in this unassuming restaurant. You will find the father running the front of the house, the mother cooking, and the adult son helping all around. Star Thai has regulars going back for years; you just have to find it in the shopping center near Magill's ice cream and you will be a regular too.

Prices are very reasonable, most dishes are under $10. I always have trouble choosing between the Country Pad Thai and the Pineapple Curry.

Take out is very popular and delivery to local neighborhood available. Serves lunch and dinner. Closed Mondays and one month per year for visit home to Thailand (October 2013). They are in Thailand now and I am craving some tasty Star Thai food!

Warning: I usually order my food "hot," but the hot scale here (Mild-Medium-Hot-Thai Hot) is hotter than most. "Medium" brings a very hot dish for most American taste buds.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We ordered a few different dishes from this restaurant and only one out of five was decent. I had green curry and it didn't even taste like green curry. I ordered it Thai hot and instead of using the normal Thai chili paste or powder they used Szechuan sauce, not typical of green curry. Never will I eat here again, this is the worst Thai food I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

This place is an adorable hole-in-the-wall restaurant owned and operated by a Thai couple. I've only had the opportunity to meet the gentleman owner, who is exceedingly sweet and attentive. The food here is consistently amazing. The Pad Thai is flavorful and delicious, and both the veggie salad and green papaya salad are amazing. I've tried all of the curries on the menu with the Massaman and Panang being the best. I don't care for the one that lacks coconut milk, though the name escapes me. The chicken satay and spring rolls are also wonderful. We typically order our meals "hot" and the papaya salad "medium," which results in the perfect amount of spice. We've never dared order the "thai hot," though! Their fried banana dessert is nice too, but it's better for sharing since it is quite sweet. This place has the most consistently delicious Thai food, which is why we visit it weekly. Be warned, though--once you've had their food, you'll never enjoy your old favorite Thai restaurants again!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

While visiting a friend we decided to order in some Thai. This was amazing take out, can't even imagine how it would be in the restaurant!!! We tried rice dishes (veg and non veg), Chicken Pad Thai and Cheese Wonton. Every rocked and delivery was pretty quick for lunch time. Definitely recommend mild or hot, not super hot which may hurt some people.