“Wonderful lunch specials”

Ranked #17 of 401 Restaurants in Lakewood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Met a friend for lunch at the Bonefish Grill Denver West on a Friday. We got there just before 11:30 and had a leisurely lunch. By the time we left the place had filled up a lot. We ordered from the lunch menu: the veggie wrap with a bowl of tomato soup, and grilled chicken tacos with mango salsa and Asian slaw. We each also had a glass of Concannon Pinot Noir. Everything was either delicious or outstanding, and all was prepared and presented nicely. Love the little wine carafes! For dessert we shared the Key Lime Pie. One of the best fillings and crusts I've ever tasted. My husband is the true Key Lime Pie aficionado. His birthday is coming up. I should take him there for lunch and see what he has to say about the pie.

Because we got there relatively early we were seated immediately. Our server was very cordial and attentive but not overly so, and we stayed quite a while but never felt rushed or pressured to leave and free up the table. Our server got a very nice tip.

Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our lunch, the casual atmosphere, and the wonderful service. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were there on a Tuesday for the lobster specials. We started with the bang-bang shrimp tacos - stunningly good. I had a lobster tail and my date had the lobster sliders. Both were superb. (Next time I'm going to get the sliders.)
The service was very good in spite of a very crowded dinning room.
We'll be back again soon

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've been anxiously awaiting the Bonefish to open since they started construction about a year ago. I've had the opportunity to go there twice now since it opened both with similar experiences.

Both times I went was with my family and both times was at "rush hour", once was a Friday at 6:00pm and then a Saturday at 7:00pm. The Bonefish is in a strip mall with a several other restaurants and the parking lot is way too small to hold all the cars during peak demand. I work close by and the same thing happens at lunch hour. If you don't arrive off peak you will find yourself walking a long way or vulturing for spots.

They were way off on their estimated seating times each time. This last time what was supposed to be a 45 minute wait, but turned into an hour and fifteen minute wait. This is great that there such a high demand, but I'm not sure I would have waited around had they said the wait was going to be an hour or longer. Seating in the bar area is open seating so if there's a long wait you may be able to score seating there much quicker. What was also nice was they came around with a plate of snacks to share with all of the people waiting.

They do have a nice wine list running the gambit from your White Zin's through some fairly decent Cab's and Pinot Nior's. A large portion of their wine list is also available by the glass.

We started out with a Seared Ahi appetizer that was delicious. The Ahi was seared to perfection with a nice coating of sesame seeds. My wife had the Trout which she said was OK, recalling that it was better at other Bonefish's she's been to. I had the stuffed Halibut which was delicious. Unfortunately we didn't have time to stick around for desert.

Overall I would have given the Bone Fish an Very Good had it not been for a) the location and b) they haven't figured out seating estimates and the place is packed.

I would suggest if you go to the Bonefish go before 5:00 or after 8:30. Also they mentioned they do take reservations so that would be a good option. I don't know if they have a minimum number of people to take a reservation, but it could save you 45 minutes of wait time.