“review of homewood suites Denver West Lakewood CO”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
A TripAdvisor Member
“review of homewood suites Denver West Lakewood CO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed in the Homewood Suites-Denver-Lakewood for 6 nights during May 2013. I was attending a conference at the Denver Convention Center and we were also visiting my son in Golden, CO, a Denver suburb. My wife requires a disability suite which was readily available at this location. The suite was large, had a full kitchen, a queen size bed and a living room. There were flat screen TVs in the bedroom and living room. The room was quiet. The bathroom was spacious and had a walk-in shower. The suite was well-maintained and the linen supply was ample. They give a very nice complimentary breakfast with much variety. They also give a complimentary dinner with wine (or beer) Mon-Thurs. evenings. The distance to the convention center, approx 9 miles was a bit far but took less than 30 min in our rental car. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel for anyone but especially for someone requesting disability accommodations. I believe it gives very good value for the price of lodgings.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fowler, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

As always, Homewood is a great place to relax and unwind at the end of a long day. This facility appeared to be recently opened. It was a little difficult to locate, but other than that, the stay was wonderful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I always prefer Homewood over other hotels because you don't feel cramped for space. Over all great hotel and the staff was all friendly and accommodating.

Elizabethtown, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

I had two separate reservations and was told at check-in that would be not problem. But then they reported me as a 'no show' for the second reservation and double billed me. I explained the issue at check out and was told it was resolved but now have 5 separate credit card transaction for much more that the reservation stated.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Joe S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Mr. Rick K.

I received your comments from your survey and I want to apologize that we did not bill you correctly during your stay. It is our main goal to give you a great stay with accurate billing. Obviously this was not the case. However this is a great opportunity for me to work with the staff to show them how every action we take affects each and every guest. Thank you for letting me know where we can improve and please contact me if you have any other questions or issues with billing during your next stay, should you decide to stay with us. Best Regards, Joe Schubert General Manager
LANDER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Room was clean, and cleaned daily. The Staff was helpful even though the card reader was broken..overall Homewood Suites was a good place to stay. They even let us party/have a good time in the lobby..

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Joe S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for the great comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I would love to be invited to the party next time.LOL We strive to make sure you feel like you are at your home away from home during your stay. We are looking forward to your next stay. - Joe Schubert General Manager
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Location was fantastic, close to Red Rocks and Golden, even made a day trip to Boulder. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend and will be looking for more Homewood Suites for future vacations.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Another satisfied customer! We love to hear great comments like this. Being right at the foothills of the mountains gives us great views, as well as easy access to Red Rocks and other attractions as you mentioned. Let me know when you are coming in next and I will give you some area hiking tips! Have a great day! - Joe Schubert General Manager
Lakewood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very nice hotel: I stayed there for two weeks for a business trip. I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room, the reliable Internet Wifi connection and the complimentary breakfast. The air conditioning system was a little noisy.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Joe S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have talked to the chief engineer about the AC units and he is doing a comprehensive PM program to make sure the units are working properly and quietly. Thank you for choosing our hotel when you visit the Lakewood area. I am looking forward to your next stay. - Joe Schubert General Manager
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

As other reviewers have noted, it can be hard to find based only on the address. However, the location was great for my needs. I was able to walk to the light rail station (just opened!) to go downtown for meetings and it was easy to access the mountain communities by car where I also had business. This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites and I was pleasantly surprised by the free dinners on Monday - Thursday nights. In combination with the free breakfasts every day, it made this a very economical choice. The food wasn't spectacular, but considering it was included with the room, it was completely acceptable. Another great feature is the kitchen in each room. While I didn't cook on this trip, I could see using the kitchen if I had been on a road trip with a car loaded up with food from home. As a frequent traveler to the area, I will make this hotel my first choice on an upcoming visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Joe S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor review. I truly appreciate all of the guests that take time out of their day to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay, and you will be returning to our hotel. Please let me know if I can do anything for your during your next stay! Joe Schubert General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood? Share your experiences!