“Excellent stay”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Woodbridge, United States
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Attended a wedding in Fraser (a two-hour ride from Denver). Stayed at the Homewood Suites overnight before heading up the mountains. The hotel was nice and clean. Everything was great. Very quiet which was a big plus for us. Good hot breakfast. Dinner also included for free - not a full course - ours was just some chicken wings and fresh veggies, but that was a pretty nice plus. A bunch of restaurants and fast-food joints nearby. right off I-40. We actually stayed another night at the same hotel after the wedding so the drive to the airport in the morning will be easier.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Barbara D, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thanks for your review! We are so glad you took advantage of breakfast and dinner. We love offering a Manager’s Reception on Monday-Thursday evenings, complete with beer and wine. Thanks for commenting on our location as well. It’s nice to be so close to major highways and restaurants. I hope you had a great time at the wedding, and maybe you can come back sometime for a vacation!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Montoursville, PA
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed at this location for 6 nights in early July. (over the 4th). We found the room spacious and well kept. The bathroom had some wall damage, but nothing that was off-putting.

The food was great. The ladies that work that area were so nice. No, the food isn't 5 star but it served it's purpose.

Housekeeping was a little on the lacking side. We were missed one day and that is a problem for me. We called the front desk and they came by with fresh towels so I was ok. They didn't refill the toilet paper once which was also a little tough. Had to send the husband hunting.

I will say that any problem we had was rectified by the people at the front desk. The GM even followed up with a phone call to our room which was nice.

We will be returning at Christmas time and are already hoping there is room at the "inn".

Room Tip: Top floor are the best
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Joe S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for the comments. It looks like I need to work with the housekeeping department a little better. It is my ultimate goal to make sure you have a great stay. And I will continue to strive to make sure every guest enjoys their stay. Please let me know when you come back for Christmas and I will make sure you are taken care of. Thanks and have a great day! - GM Joe
Chino Hills, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and clean. The separate bedroom was very nice so my husband and I could have some privacy. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception was a nice touch and the kids had a great time in the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time leave comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay. Our pool is indoor so it is open all year. Have a great day and we will see you during your next trip to Lakewood. - GM Joe
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in their 2 suites. It was quite clean and not gloomy. The bathroom was clean with white towels.
We also like it because of the small kitchen so that we can cook some simple meals instead of going out.
Check in was fast. Housekepper was prompt.
If you don't care about the view out side of window, then it is fine to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
Joe S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I see that you had a "Good Enough" stay. But it is our ultimate goal to give you a great stay. Please feel free to contact me during your next stay so I can figure out how we could have given you a GREAT stay! Thank you and have a great day! GM Joe
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were in town visiting family and stayed at this hotel. The staff was super friendly and the management was very helpful with our questions about the area. General Manager recommended we try out a local favorite D'Deli and my kids LOVED it. Loved the room, very clean and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the fantastic comments. I am happy that you enjoyed D'Deli. That is my favorite place to eat and it is a great secret. We can't wait for your next stay.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Loved the Homewood Suites in Lakewood. I was in town on business for a week in the Lakewood area. I found the rooms to be in excellent condition. I like a great bed which they certainly have. Another key component for me is a good quality shower which was the case as well. Staff was very friendly and accomodating during my stay as well no matter if it was at check in, the manager's reception or when I needed directions around the local area. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites in Lakewood.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the awesome comments. We are looking forward to your next stay! Have a great day! GM Joe
Baltimore
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here with family, grandma, sister and nephew. Convenient enough to travel into Denver and Boulder. Very nice staff, yummy breakfast, clean room, nice (but small) pool. Not much around the hotel to explore but overall a good hotel for a good price. We booked it because they offered suites (2 bedroom) and it worked well. No hotel restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the great comments. We are in an ideal location close to Denver, the mountains, and my favorite Red Rocks. Have a great day! GM Joe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
#10 of 27 in Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood? Share your experiences!