Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
COLORADO
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here for the first time this past weekend. The hotel exceeded ALL expectations! I would even say that it was nicer than Embassy Suites that I have stayed at in the past. The room was spacious and well appointed. Great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Barbara D, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to tell other viewers. We are happy that we had the opportunity to host you at our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the suite that gives you plenty of space to strech out and relax. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tsukuba, Japan
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I would like to recommend you to stay for business in Denver. In my case, I visited Denver Federal center for business. That`s very good and comfortable hotel even more stay a whole day with american breakfast, fresh food and 24 hour drink bar and fruit. Every service are very impressive. Excellent!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy that we had the opportunity to host you at our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the coffee/tea station, fresh fruit and the full hot-breakfast! We hope to see you again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

For the high price you have to pay you would expect the little things to be taken care of but for the two weeks I was there their fitness center was half broken (and dangerous) the on site store was a joke, just a variety of diet soda and candy and it's all so expensive!
Also, the elevator is a screaming death trap and when I asked to be moved a frazzled woman told me she was still training and didn't know how! After waiting for her trainer to get back for ten minutes I gave up and left for work. I never did get my room switched.
I tried to contact the manager personally about
The broken weight machine but I was only ever transferred to a full voicemail box, and to be honest I doubt they even know about it now because once again, I gave up before I even got to speak to someone.
When I left I couldn't help but feel that whoever runs this hotel couldn't care less about my comfort but were only interested in my per diem.
Next time I'm in the area I will certainly be taking my business elsewhere

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We sincerely appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback with us. On our journey to be the very best in the business we realize that we will have opportunities for improvement along the way. We consider guest feedback our one true roadmap to use for our focus areas. You and others reading this post will be happy to know that we have already fixed the issues in the fitness center .We also know it's very important to give the staff proper training and confidence to resolve any issues that might come up and we have been working on that as well. We take your comments seriously and want you to know that we truly do strive to be the obvious choice for travelers coming to the area. Each guest is very important and we hope that we have the opportunity to win your business on your next visit to Lakewood and look forward to having you here again!
Mesa, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I greatly enjoyed the complimentary dinners. Breakfasts were good also. My room was clean and I appreciated the kitchen features that were available. Some of the fitness equipment didn't work well, however.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the great feedback. We are pleased to hear that the daily breakfast buffet and the manager's reception we host Monday through Thursdays was a great way to start and end your day. We have fixed the equipment in the fitness room and apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you will stay with us again when traveling to Lakewood, Colorado.
Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Night check in was very inefficient. At times I wondered if it was the desk clerk's first night on the job...but she was the only one there. She was friendly, but I was the only one in the lobby and it took 15 minutes or so to check in...when I already had a reservation. Also...this hotel has HORRIBLE signage. Driving south on Union Blvd there is no signage indicating that THIS BUILDING IS THE HOMEWOOD SUITES. There's no sign on a building until you drive around to the back of the area where the hotel is located...which was behind the very well lit Hampton Inn. At breakfast we came into a virtually empty dining room, but ALL of the tables were dirty. When we mentioned this to one of the staff, she replied..."which one would you like me to clean off?" We had to stifle the urge to say "ALL of them!" While we were getting our food at the buffet, the kitchen staff were congregated in the back room speaking Spanish. That's OK, but they should be aware that some us speak Spanish and know when they're complaining about having to do too much work "mas trabajo." When one had to come into the dining room to unload some paper cups into a cabinet, she pushed the box in the dining room with one foot, took a few steps, pushed it again, took a few steps, pushed it again, then pulled up a dining room chair and leaned over to put the PAPER cups in the cabinet. It's OK to dislike your job, but the guests shouldn't be able to tell by your actions that you'd rather be doing something else. The dining room needs a "no shoes, no service" sign. While we were there, 5 young girls (approx. 8 to 12) came in from the pool area in swimsuits and bare feet and went back and forth into the service area to get breakfast (no parents in sight). They should at least require shoes and a cover-up. At least one staff member saw the girls and didn't say anything. In general, we like Homewood Suites; the suites are perfect and comfortable and we normally enjoy our stay...these were just little things that add up.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We sincerely appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback with us. On our journey to be the very best in the business we realize that we will have opportunities for improvement along the way. We consider guest feedback our one true roadmap to use for our focus areas. You and others reading this post will be happy to know that we have already revamped our breakfast and dinner staff and are happy with our motivated and energetic team. We have started a conversation about a sign to place in the breakfast area asking guests to have footwear and clothing on. We take your comments seriously and want you to know that we truly do strive to be the obvious choice for travelers coming to the area. We hope that we have the opportunity to win your business on your next visit to Lakewood and look forward to having you here again!
Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was recommended this hotel by a coworker that came to Denver and knew that the hotel that our company was recommending wasn't satisfactory. I am so glad that I took his advice. The rate was the same for several hotels in the area but this had the most ammenities and the nicest rooms. The hotel staff was approachable and down right friendly whenever I passed the lobby. I was given a room next to the stairwell and elevator and was hesistant at first but not once did I ever hear doors slamming or conversations from guests waiting for the elevator or the ding when it arrives on the floor. The room is equipped with a full kitchen and dining table, a sofa, a large desk and a roomy bedside. The bathroom is split into two separate rooms; a wash area and the shower/toilet. This is convenient for families who can't all fit (or get along) in a single bathroom. The hotel serves both breakfast and dinner and although the local area has many great restaurants, sometimes it was nice to stay in and relax.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for such a glowing review. It's nice to know that in an area where rates are the same that a hotel like the Homewood Suites offers so many amenities to make this brand exceptional. We also understand that when you are traveling for work that having the comforts of home is very important and we are so happy you were able to have that. Our team was thrilled to hear the great review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Rothsay, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room was clean and fresh. The bathroom also was in pristine condition. The only down side was the exercise equipment was not all working. Only one of three treadmills was working. The breakfast usually isn't overly important to our family, but the food was a bit above standard fare and clean and fresh.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are so happy to hear that the cleanliness of our hotel is great and our dally breakfast was another added bonus. We have fixed the equipment in the fitness center and appreciate the feedback. We want to always be the hotel of choice when traveling to beautiful Lakewood, Colorado.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood? Share your experiences!