“Excellent Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went for a week long training class. The Homewood Suites was set up as our place to stay by our training group. It was my first stay at a Homewood and I thought one of my best stays at any hotel. The staff was friendly and quick to help. The room was clean, inviting, well equipped, and well maintained. The kitchen was well stocked for a week long stay and was nice to be able to cook my own meals. The breakfast provided in the mornings was excellent and the manager's receptions in the afternoons provided a good way to meet with others in the class and mingle and get to know people. A most excellent stay and experience!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Barbara D, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We were so pleased to hear that your whole experience was awesome. The hotel has so many great complimentary amenities that when you couple that with the spacious suites and great guest service, it's hard to imagine staying anywhere else. We are very happy to hear you liked the brand and hope to be your choice again when you are traveling to the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here when our usual hotel in Denver was booked. We were glad that we did. The hotel was very comfortable. We enjoyed the separate living room. The laundry room was very accessable. The best part was the delicious breakfast that included fresh blueberries. Much better than most breakfast offerings.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review. It's always great to read that we have impressed another guest and that you loved our complimentary amenities. We hope the next time you are traveling to the area we will be your choice once again. We will have breakfast ready.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

What can I say - Homewood Suites is the only place to stay - staff is friendly, rooms are lovely, relax with friends in the evening with wine, beer, and some dinner – then in the morning you are greeted with smiles and a great breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your recent review. We are so happy that you had a great experience at the Homewood Suites Denver West. We strive to give each guest a wonderful experience and it seems we have. We are also thrilled you liked our complimentary amenities that this hotel provides with each stay. We hope to be your choice again when traveling to the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I usually have problems with unclean rooms at any hotel but they do a great job with this. This Homewood is in need of major updates and upkeep. The stairs out back are rusting away without much hope they are being addressed. I would not let my kids go on them since there are major sections of the fronts of the steps that are falling away and sharp. I am assuming the grills out back are for guests to use but I would not as they are beyond dirty and need to be covered so the elements don't make them worse. There needs to be more common area cleaning and restocking in every common restroom. Checking this areas multiple times per day for needs takes care of this. The pool small but fun. There seems to be a great space in the back of the hotel for an outdoor pool. You could expand the health club into the existing pool area if you had an indoor/outdoor pool. Leaks in hall ceilings have made the tiles get wet and fall. Keep up the upgrades and you will continue to improve. Checking in was an unpleasant experience since the rooms were not ready. We got there at 2:30 and asked about checking in early. We were told the rooms we needed were about done, we could check back in 30 minutes. We left, came back at 3:10 and waited till almost 4p to get in our room. It seems this is a common problem. Clean the rooms earlier, get more staff, train your staff on efficiency with quality? Do something. There were many others waiting to check in while we where. Breakfast was so so. The coffee was really some of the worst. The apples were small and weird. The waffle maker makes chewy not crispy waffles. Our desk staff was pretty darn good our first night bringing us sheets for the fold out and towels so quickly. Thank you so much for that.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We want you to know that we have taken steps to correct items in your review and the General Manager has hired, trained and worked with the staff to make sure future stays are better. We will be going through a refresh of the hotel in late September and the hotel will have a new appearance. We hope that you will stay with us again to show you some of the changes we have made.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Was very impressed with this hotel when I first checked in. Lovely suite room, comfortable bed, nice common areas, friendly staff and great location. Was even able to find my way to beautiful Jefferson county open space nearby for a great run. Whole experience was marred, however, when I got back from my run to find that the SHOWER did not work. What? Could not call maintenance because I was in a hurry to catch a flight and was standing in the buff in the bathroom. So I took a Birdbath, washed my hair in the kitchen sink, and figured I would tell the desk staff upon checkout. When I did so, the clerk essentially told me it was my fault because I did not know how to work the shower head. When I persisted, she then told me that they "get this complaint all the time." Really?? I asked for a reduction in the room rate and was told again that this is my fault and that, again, they know it is my fault because lots of people have the same problem. Umm, ok, does that tell you guys something? Like maybe you should change the shower heads or put up some instructions or whatever? I am a silver hilton honors member and I have never been treated in such a way at a Hilton. Truly bizarre. Anyway, as much as I liked the place otherwise, I will think twice before I stay here again. Btw, breakfast was mediocre and they kept running out of plates and silverware. The franchisee needs to get its act together.

Room Tip: Back of hotel has nicest views of downtown.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the review. We were thrilled to read that your experience throughout most of your stay was great. We are saddened to read that we didn't provide you with the guest service that we have become known for. We always want to be your number one choice when traveling to the area and would like to speak to you further. Please contact the General Manager or the Guest Service Manager when you get an opportunity.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staff was always happy and helpful. Our girls had a great time and were treated well while we were there. The pool is small, but perfect if you have kids under 10...they can touch even in the deep end. The meals were delcious and offered enough variety that my kids could find something to eat for dinner and breakfast. Thank you for being part of a great family vacation!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the review. We were all pleased to hear that not only was the guest service great but you enjoyed the complimentary amenities that the hotel offers. It's awesome to be a part of a great family memory. We hope to see you again when you are traveling in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice Homewood in Lakewood. Walking distance to a gazillion restaurants, close to highway, clean, furniture in good condition, etc. Only nightmare is it has the worst signage of any hotel I've seen. It's tucked behind a Hampton that's taller. There's a sign at the corner of the block that has the Homewood duck but it's 1000 ft from the turn and there's no indication which driveway/parking lot to pull into and follow. Ended up calling the front desk. Odd. Get a crowbar into the wallet and put another sign where to turn! Front desk was great. Zero issues with hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the review. Our location is pretty awesome with so many dining options and services within walking distance. We are happy you were able to take advantage of that. It was great to read that you enjoyed your whole experience at the Homewood Suites and would stay here again. That makes us very happy. The signage is due to a city ordinance and we are trying our best to find a different solution. Thank you for your patience and we are so happy you found us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood? Share your experiences!