“A little pricy, but not too bad”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 394 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“A little pricy, but not too bad”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Had dinner with my wife here. My steak was slightly overcooked to my liking. I told the waiter and he offered another one. I said not to worry about it, but he brought me one that was cooked exactly the way I wanted it.
The wait staff and hostesses were very polite and professional.

• Visited August 2013

Sewell, New Jersey
“Enjoyable Dinner”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We were looking for a nice place to dine on our last night of a vacation in this area. This restaurant was an excellent choice. The scallops wrapped in bacon appetizer was very good, the Caesar Salad was nice and crisp and the steak was nice and tender. The wait staff was attentive but not overly. There was no rush. They also offer small servings of dessert which I like. All in all it was a nice place to end our terrific trip to the area.

• Visited July 2013
Killingly, Connecticut
“Very good food, great staff”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I had dinner at the Keg on June 14. His steak was perfect but mine was overcooked. Mine was served with the dungeness crab in a creamy cheese sauce, which was very good. Our waiter Todd was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the menu and wine selection. He suggested a pinot noir that was perfect based on our description of what we like. Overall we liked this place and would definitely go back. It was a little pricey but, in my opinion, worth it.

• Visited June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful Staff, Tough Prime Rib”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

The prime rib was tough and not very flavorful. Tough to cut with a steak knife and did anything but melt in your mouth. I've had better prime rib at so many more less expensive places. Very disappointed. We should have gone next door to Twin Peaks!

Visited June 2013
“The Keg”
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Dined there on April 4 th for dinner. No reservation, were seated immediately after being asked which room ( of three) we wished to dine in. We were immediately shown to a comfortable booth in the main dining room. The decor is masculine steakhouse - dark woods, black accents, leather seating.

Menu is fairly extensive with lots of steak options ,chicken, and steak and seafood combinations. The Caesar salad I had was excellent-and the house salads were as well according to my family.

The main dishes were truly outstanding. I had the short ribs which were soon coming off the menu as the spring dishes would be added soon. Served with a great baked potato and asparagus spears, it was a home run. As the waiter, Dave, told me, the meat fell off the one and was succulent. Definitely worth the price.

Others in our party had Thai chicken which was sweet, savory, and mildly spicy. My son, a picky eater, loved it.
My wife ordered a petite prime rib that was cooked perfectly and was delicious as well.

Desserts were very good too! Mocha cheesecake ( made in house), brownie sundae, and a B-52-Bailey's, Kahlua, Grand Marier, coffee, shaved chocolate, and whipped cream. All were exceptional.

Bill came to $150.00 with wine and beer. I recommend The Keg without reservation. Try it, you'll like it!

Visited April 2013