“Nothing special”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We went to dinner with friends. I ordered top sirloin steak. It was extremely tough and hard to cut and chew. I ordered medium rare, so it should have been really tender. I would have found a better cut of meat at Texas Roadhouse. For the price, I expected a higher quality of meat. If I do go back, I will avoid the sirloin.

1  Thank leslie s

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Went with my hubby tonight- great sangria and apple cider along with the stuffed mushrooms for appetizers. They were very busy( a Thursday night) and it was really loud and a table near us with about 10 people had their laptops out doing "work"- kind of annoying... Our server was great- very attentive! I ordered the blue cheese filet- medium well and stressed that to our server. Well, I got a very RAW piece of meat so I had to wait awhile until she came by to take it back. She took one look at the slice I had cut off and she realized it was not medium well! In the meantime my husband is eating away at his full rack of ribs while I sat there with nothing for at least 10 minutes- my husband did let me have one rib while I waited! LOL Finally a manager -type person brought me another piece of meat that was acceptable and apologised but STILL not medium well. So I went ahead and started eating... the blue cheese was quite good with it. Then I found the gristle! So, I got to eat about 3/4 of my steak. Baked potato was nothing to write home about- average. Wedge salad was pretty good. The atmosphere was very nice but I'm not sure if I'll go back again. Maybe for happy hour... I was surprised that I was not comped part of my meal or offered a complimentary dessert for having to wait so long for what I ordered and then it still was not cooked the way I asked. This is one nice place to eat- shame on you! Our bill was $85 and I did not enjoy my meal. To be honest Lone Star Steakhouse is better...

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have been going here for yrs. to this "KEG". We go twice a yr. when in Denver. (We have eaten in other KEG's over the yrs. they all are very good, this one is are first love !!!)

We are in a rut & both of us have the Classic Bacon Wrapped Filet. It comes with everything. There was so much food we had left over two nights later at home in Steamboat Springs. My wife that does not like left overs commented the meat was as taste as the first evening. Everything was cooked to purification !!!

The caliber of food & the amount of food for the price is very reasonable, we believe.

You have to have one of their desserts very reasonable & we never eat desserts out !!!

The atmosphere is always great & the servers are all outstanding & make you want to come back. They must have an outstanding Management team ! They have their act together & we were told there was new kitchen staff. They know their stuff & the place was hopping.

We started off in the BAR for their HAPPY HOUR. Get the Big Glass of wine it is a real bargain ! We were served by KAELA she is the greatest.

We missed TODD in the restaurant part, but Brittany was very good !!

There were families with teenagers, young & old couples, plus friends out for a nice evening.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had a fun family evening. Service was pretty good. A bit snooty but ok. My steak was cooked nicely and tasted very good. Potato was dry. Rest of meals seemed about the same. I would choose another place next time but would not refuse to go back if invited.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Had dinner with my wife here. My steak was slightly overcooked to my liking. I told the waiter and he offered another one. I said not to worry about it, but he brought me one that was cooked exactly the way I wanted it.
The wait staff and hostesses were very polite and professional.