“Favorite Breakfast Place”

Dining options: Breakfast
Arvada, Colorado
“Favorite Breakfast Place”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Originally invited here by son for breakfast over a year ago and has become favorite breakfast cafe in Denver West area on a semi regular basis. Southwestern type fare on the menu including the blue corn and piñon pancakes. Love the fresh juices-favorite is the apple lemon ginger. Great coffee beverages also.

Visited March 2014

Arvada, Colorado
“Great breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Love this place. It has a great atmosphere. They offer up good selections for gluten free customers. The have blue corn pancakes that rock!! If you find that you will frequent this place often, make sure to get their punch card (1 punch per card, so each person in your party should have one). The also offer a juice bar which you can enjoy there or come in for take out. The ceiling in the place is a blue sky. We were told that the same people that painted the ceiling at The Venetian in Las Vegas also did the ceiling for Blue Sky. Either way it is beautiful.

• Visited March 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great breakfast on a Thursday morning”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We flew into Denver and were starving when our daughter picked us up. She suggested Blue Sky for breakfast. I had the blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup and some of my husband's bacon. Delicious. There were 3 big ones on the plate, and I was almost able to eat them all. I would definitely go back. My daughter had a plate with potatoes, a couple blueberry pancakes and bacon and eggs and polished off everything. It was not very crowded on a weekday, but I am sure it is packed on the weekends.

• Visited March 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Finally, A breakfast restaurant that is what it says it is!!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Enjoying breakfast or brunch in a restaurant as late at 2 or 3pm has always been one of my favorite meals or reasons to visit a restaurant, whether with family, friends or business associates. It seems of late, though, that despite the plethora of breakfast/brunch restaurants that have cropped up across the country, most have lost their mojo, quality and just plain creativity. Thus, we have been disappointed in 3/4 of the last breakfast/brunch restaurants we've patronized in the last year.

Not so with Blue Sky Café. I had seen it for years but their advertising, store front and name suggest a small café/juice bar, not a full restaurant. That is too bad because it is a great restaurant. We were shocked to walk behind the front entry to find a large place, decorated warmly, tastefully and with a little pizazz. Hmmm...this looked good.

Then we were delighted to read the menu which held FRESH SQUEEZED juices, UNIQUE MENU ITEMS, a philosophy of fresh and made in house.

Lastly, we were served what we were promised on the menu: DELICIOUS, GENEROUS food. Excellent, satisfying.

By the way, we arrived at 2:30pm (they close at 3pm) and there was not even a hint of rushing us or showing frustration at latecomers before closing. Kudos.

Only negative: They served our fresh squeezed juice not before our entrée, not with our entrees, but after we were halfway done with our entrees!! That's a big no-no and had we known that, we would not have ordered the juice. So, I have a fault their service for that one. That was frustrating and felt like we wasted our money ordering the juices . Their 'maple' syrup did not taste like real maple syrup but like maple-flavored corn syrup...another no-no. Perhaps I am wrong, but it was pretty watered down.

Otherwise, their prices were fair and reasonable and I cannot wait to try some of their other menu items that tempted us.

Definitely will return.

• Visited December 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“Had high expectations”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was a first time visit. My husband and I went for lunch on a weekday. It was packed and very noisy. Service was ok. Nothing special. My omelet was very skimpy on the ingredients. So much so that I really couldn't taste anything but egg. It was overcooked and rubbery. If you are going to offer omelets with chorizo, I want to taste the chorizo. Not sure if I will go back because of their skimpiness. I may try something different next time and stay away from the omelets. You aren't going to get return customers if the value isn't there.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Blue Sky Cafe? Share your experiences!