Hotel Lakewood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Four U Motel(Englewood)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe breakfast areaembassy suitesroom was cleanred rocksnice hotelbreakfast staffdenver areaeasy accesswest sidebusiness triphot breakfaststaff was friendlyyogurtfitness centerparking lotdefinitely stay here againconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inn's that we have stayed in and one of the best 3-star hotels we have experienced.
I like the layout with the reception and food area located in a sort of central inside courtyard with an atrium off which all rooms are accessed. I suppose this could represent a problem if there was noise, but we found the rooms to be very quiet.
The staff were all very pleasant including front desk and the staff attending the free buffet breakfast. We found the rooms to be light and airy and extremely clean.
There we also plenty of luggage carts available which was also handy as we had several heavy pieces between the two rooms and an early departure for the airport.
But what impressed me most was the service I received after departure. Unpacking from the trip I discovered that I had left a Best Buy purchase of two items in the bedside drawer so I called the hotel and to my amazement the call was taken by none other than the manager himself. In a very kind and understanding manner he proceeded to listen to my situation, almost immediately located the left items and we arranged for me to pick them up on my next visit. It was entirely my fault that I left the items and they could easily have disappeared, but all credit to the housekeeper and the manager for running a tight and honest ship. I have told many people this story and they all agree that my experience is not as common as one might hope - so hat's off to this hotel, you have earned a new loyal customer!
Oh, and the rates are also excellent when compared to other choices in the area.

Room Tip: We asked to be located in the quietest section of the hotel and heard no traffic noise at all dispute the hotel being located in a fairly busy road.
1  Thank cavedodger
Dave M, General Manager at Hotel Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

We appreciate the positive feedback. I was glad that we had your items behind the desk and you were able to pick them up during your next stay. Nick our Assistant General Manager told me that he had delivered the missing items to you. We look forward to your next stay and safe travels.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

They are so friendly and take care of all your needs. Very family friendly also. The rooms are always immaculate. Free wi-fi and also a business center. Exercise room and pool. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We had never been to Denver before and stayed at the Hampton Inn as a result of the terrific reviews we read. We were delighted with the accommodations and had a lovely time staying there! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here with my family for a college visit. Extremely pleasant staff and great location. This Hampton is built somewhat like an Embassy Suites with a large atrium in the middle. It is an older facility, so the furnishings are not what you might find in newly remodeled Hamptons; older furniture, small bathrooms, etc. However the facility is well kept and very clean.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

It the little stuff that makes it better than average and they weren't there

I needed to scan some documents and the business center used to have a scanner, but it broke and they had not replaced it. There was a fax/scan machining sitting at the front desk and I asked if they would do the scan for me. The answer was no.

I asked for a late checkout (after 1 pm) and was told housekeepers go home at 2 and so no. If the hotel were full I would get it, but gosh, it looked like based on number of people in and around and the number of cars in the parking lot it was not even half full.

So they delivered what was promised and so these are not really complaints, but it was just not the extra mile I am used to seeing at Hampton Inn properties.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Dave M, General Manager at Hotel Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. We missed our opportunity to exceed expectations during your stay. It's our guest reviews and comments that help us become an outstanding property. I will share this review with our staff and note areas that we can improve upon. Please accept our apology as we intend to exceed expectations with all of our guests. We hope that you'll stay with us again and we can improve upon your experience.