“Nice Location in Lakewood CO”

Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay with minimal issues. They were having problems with the hotel room key entry, but they solved the problem and were courteous. If you like a quiet room, be sure to ask not to be on the first floor or near the lobby. It can be noisy when families are staying there. There are a number of rooms near the front entrance which might be nice for families or groups staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great chain hotel and less expensive than Denver proper. Easy access from freeway, but quiet. Never heard neighbors of slamming doors. Open atrium floor plan means there aren't noise-carrying hallways. Good varied breakfast with fruit salad, scrambled eggs/omlettes and sausage/bacon as well as dairy and grain options. Loved that Hampton gives you Neutrogena bath products including shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cabrinideb
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel provided a wonderful experience for the money!! While it is not an upscale hotel, it was quiet and very clean. The staff was always helpful and consistently made themselves available. Their continental breakfast each morning was delicious!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had a horrible experience with the room and got ringworm while I was there. First of all, the A/C made all kinds of noise. When I reported it the first time, nothing was done about it. The second time, they said maintenance had addressed it, but it was definitely not fixed. So I had to let them know when I decided to check out early. (I was supposed to stay a full week.) Second, on the day I checked out to go to another hotel (before arriving arriving at that hotel), I felt a sore on my chest. Later that night, when I took off my shirt, there was a raw bloody spot...RINGWORM! I have been an HHonors member for years; this was the worst experience I have had.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bobbie R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear Joseph R,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the incident that occurred in your guest room.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Bobbie Rollins
General Manager, Hampton Inn Denver Southwest Lakewood

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the first review I've ever written on TripAdvisor, but I had to post about my experience with this hotel. I am a frequent business traveler and this is the worst hotel I've had in a LONG time. I'm also a dedicated Hilton Honors member, so this was truly a surprisingly bad experience.

When I first checked in after a long day of traveling, I had to wait around 15-20 minutes until I was helped. Once I talked to someone, I tried to use my keys to open my room and they didn't work. I went back downstairs to wait in line again and get new keys. My new keys did not work either. I went back down a third time (still dragging my luggage), and the staff member walked upstairs with me and my keys STILL did not work. She had to use the master to let me in. Next day my 4th set of keys still weren't working. Finally, they decided to give me a master key to my room. That shouldn't be an issue, but it won't let you in the side doors of the hotel. Since the parking is TERRIBLE (not enough spaces, dimly lit, not easy navigate), I would have to park far away and only use the front door to get in. Not helpful at all.

Rooms were okay but not the greatest..... there was no refrigerator nor microwave, it looked very dated and it was only somewhat clean. When I got back to my room at 5:30 the first day, my room had not been cleaned yet. Housekeeping came shortly after I arrived and I told them I would be leaving in 30 minutes for dinner and to please come back. They told me that this would not work,so the room was never cleaned.

The breakfast area is WAY too small for the number of guests in the hotel. I had to take my breakfast and eat it in the car on my way to work because there was 0 seating available (even the 1 patio table outside by the pool was taken). Ridiculous.

The final issue that I'll touch on is the paper thin walls. I could literally hear everything my neighbor was doing and I'm sure they could hear me as well. Traveling regularly for business hard enough, guests shouldn't have to listen to their neighbor snore all night too.

Overall I was very dissatisfied with my stay and I will never come back.

Dear Lbeeman08,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.

Bobbie Rollins
General Manager, Hampton Inn Denver Southwest Lakewood

Reviewed 23 June 2014

CHECK-IN: We arrived at the hotel around 2:20pm but no one was at the front desk. By 2:30pm the gentleman cleaning the floors came behind the desk to try and help but the front desk manager was on her way back from showing banquet rooms. Her attitude was almost like I was trying to check in at 11am; when it was only 30 minutes before the check-in guarantee time. Although they promised us (2) rooms together, they were only able to give us (1) during check-in but offered gummy bears and a can of Coke as a consolation prize. Our other room wasn't ready by 4pm so left to explore the area and shop.

THE ROOM: Basic Hampton Inn hotel room. Nothing special. Not the best view but not the worst view.

THE HOTEL: Had an awesome lobby and entry way.

BREAKFAST: Not so good; bacon didn't taste like bacon, food selections were average at best. Coffee, tea, and drinks were cool.

POOL: Heated but looked dirty so we didn't swim

LOCATION: Somewhat convenient but also depending on where you are visiting in Denver can be a drive. Took 15 minutes to get to 25. Took about 40/45 minutes from the airport.

OVERALL: I used points for our stay so it was practically free. Had we have paid full price, it would have been more frustrating. Thankfully, we were exploring the beautiful Colorado landscape and didn't spend much time in the room!

It just that after reading all the reviews; I expected more.

Room Tip: Ask not to view the highway in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here for one night as I had an early morning business appointment the next day. It was a little difficult to find this hotel as it is actually located off the Hampden Avenue frontage road but because of this it isn't directly on Wadsworth which can be very noisy.

I drive a big Ford F-250 crew cab truck and found no problem parking. I never saw any semis or big rigs parking cross ways in the lot.

The staff at the desk were very helpful. Lisa checked me in. Since there was a youth sporting event in town there were going to be a lot of teenagers at the hotel so she put me in a very quiet location. I never heard a sound from any of the kids and there were 4 in the room next to me. I had a conference call while there and had to do research on my tablet while on the call and had excellent wi-fi.

Bed was extremely comfortable but that is why I like Hampton Inns. It was only the second Hampton Inn I have encountered without a frig in the room. Not a deal breaker.

Breakfast wasn't bad but not as good as I have had at other Hampton Inns. With all the youth there tables were scarce so I just took my breakfast back to my room and kicked back for a little while longer.

I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side of the hotel away from Wadsworth Avenue. Wadsworth is a very busy st...